Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Call clearing after certain mins

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Maruf

Hello Everyone
    Is there any command to clear a ongoing call after a certain time i.e 30 min in CISCO AS 5300.
    If anyone knows about it please inform me.
    I am also looking for an alternative to AS5300. Any suggestion please let me know.

Honza Vomacka

Just modify your TCL script on Cisco

Saul Bejarano

The best alternative to 5300 is 5350 🙂 you will not find a better gateway in the market, I have worked all available gateways, Quintums are robust, Voicemasters are good in applications and functionality, but Cisco’s are the best of the breed.
    The ability to cut a call after 30 minutes automatically has to be commanded externally, usually you use a gateway in combination with a billing or administrative platform that manages this parameters based on radius authentication and accounting, for example Voicemaster 2000 from Sysmaster, this equipment tells the gateway thru radius that the maximum connection time for a call is 30 minutes or whatever the amount of minutes that you set-up and the gateway will automatically cut the call at the pre-set time.
    If you need more information post more details about your application and we may be able to help you.

Maruf

Hello Honza
    can you please tell me how to modify the TCL with the commands. This is actually new to me.

Maruf

Hello Saul
    thanks for your suggestion. Actually i want to use other Gateways(not CISCO). what about Quintum? What is the Quintum version that works same as CISCO As5300.

Honza Vomacka

> can you please tell me how to modify the TCL with the commands.
    See http://www.cisco.com for documentation about the Cisco TCL IVR. Basically you should replace the default call application, which does not limit the call duration with either one of:
    1) A TCL script which will do call authorization in the billing, and will disconnect the call after the h323-credit-time received from the billing
    2) A TCL script which will have hardcoded “maximum call length 30 miniutes” in it
    For the “1)” option – search google for “advanced remote authenticate tcl”

TCL scripts

Tcl – Tool Command Language [12]. In the Tcl community it does NOT stand for Think C Library, as it does in the Macintosh community. Neither does it stand for “The cool language” (though it is).
    Run under CISCO IOS, if I understand you want to use Quintum, If I had the extra cash for a project and I would like to get the best of the line for it I would use Cisco all the time.
    If you use Quintum you need a Billing software to tell the quintum thru radius when the call has to stop.

Maruf

Thanks for your replys. I think its tough for me to write or edit script to limit the call duration.
    Is anybody interested to sell CISCO or Quintum Gateways. Please send a quote.

Honza Vomacka

> If you use Quintum you need a Billing software to tell the quintum thru radius when the call has to stop.
    The biggest problem with Quintums is that you cannot modify their IVR/call handling. For instance you have E1 from the certain customer and would like to authorize and bill everything which comes from there to his account – there is no way (at least not that I am aware of) to make Quintum do so. It can only do authorization based on ANI or PIN, or do not do authorization at all
    So buying Quintum is like a buying a cheap computer, but the catch is that you can only run a certain number of pre-installed programs on it. If you are lucky and you do not need anything else – great, you saved yourself some money. Otherwise when you discover you need to run MS word there, and it is not included – you’re stuck with the useless piece of junk. 🙂 With Cisco using TCL programming you can do anything you wish

Honza Vomacka

Maruf, you should provide your email address, so people can send you commercial information such as price lists – it is prohibited to do it in the forum

Maruf

Hello Honza
    thanks for your reply and suggestion. My e-mail address is md_maruf@hotmail.com.

Saab

Saul,
    Can you please update me on solution,did you manage to set it up on your platform. Can you call me..

Thanks,

Yan Kurniawan

Hi All,
    I’m trying to make tcl script to handle authentication based on ani. Incoming call comes with CAS signalling.
    Here is the configuration:
    controller E1 1
    framing NO-CRC4
    clock source line primary
    ds0-group 0 timeslots 1-15,17-31 type r2-pulse r2-semi-compelled ani
    cas-custom 0
    invert-abcd 1 0 0 0
    country indonesia
    proceed-to-send
    category 2
    dnis-complete
    !

I built tcl script that handle call setup: (this is a test script without ani authentication)

proc act_Setup { } {
    global dnis
    leg setupack leg_incoming
    leg proceeding leg_incoming

set dnis [infotag get leg_dnis]
    leg setup $dnis callInfo leg_incoming
    fsm setstate PLACECALL
    }

The call setup always failed.
    Anyone can help me ???

Andrew Zhilenko

If the TCL code you posted is ALL of your script – then it will never work. For the start:
    * make sure your GW is configured to send calls without the ANI authentication
    * get a TCL script which for sure works and handles the ANI authentication (search google for “tcl advanced ani authenticate”)

Yan Kurniawan

Of course it’s not all of the script, just the procedure that handle setup. Does cisco script work with CAS? What type of R2 supported? r2-analog only?

Thanks

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • The forum ‘Voice over IP’ is closed to new topics and replies.