Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Fake Ring Tone in A800.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Elie

Hi,

i have quintum A800, i have calls originated via IP from cisco into my quintum. I have PDD to pstn for around 20 sec. I’ve activated the Fake ring tone to keep the cisco caller on the line but the problem appears on the answering supervision. When someone is answering, the quintum is not stopping the Fake ring tone and it looks no one is answering the calls.

Anyone can help and any idea if this problem is also existing in the E1 quintum ?

Thanks for your help
    Elie.

MikeM

Elie,

Unfortunately, if you are trying to use the fake ring tone (progtone = Yes), then this will interfere with the answer supervision and it will not work correctly. Additionally, this will cause further problems as the A800 will not allow a busy signal to pass through, so if the number dialed is busy, the caller may never know this as they will only hear ringing. I would suggest that you set progtone to No on the A800 and if there is a way for the cisco to send a ‘#’ at the end of the dial string, the Tenor can dial this out to the PSTN and this may speed up the PDD.

Elie

Thank you Mike for your Help.

Yap correct, we r getting the same problem u described them in ur reply.
    regarding the pdd, we tried all options available and it’s always 20 seconds, even we connect the analogue line to a normal handset and we got 20 sec.

In the digital DX E1, is the progtone available?? if yes and we enable it, it will work? or we will have problem with the answer supervision also ?

any other solutions suggested to create a fake ring tone?

Elie

Noname

When you make that change from analog gateway to digital (e1), all your troubles with signaling and answer supervision should go away like magic.

All those signals will go now in a diferent channel on the E1 betwen the gateway and the cental office equipment on the phone company.

Like a independent data link betwen the brains of the gateway and the brains of the phone company equipment.

The answer supervision will work so much to the second, that even after several months, the records on one end of the circuit, and the records on the other end will match to the second.

If you could do to E1 interface, that will be the best think that you could do.

Elie

Thanks or your help. I am happy to hear that the problem on answer supervison is not available on the E1 gateways.

But is the progtone available on the E1 gateways.

We need to create a fake ring tone, so is it available on E1 gateways? and there are 2 series the old E1 gateway and the DX gateway.

Best regards
    Elie

Elie

is the progtone feature available in DX series and old E1 digital gateways??

Thanks for youe help?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Voice over IP’ is closed to new topics and replies.