Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Quitum A800

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Coorey

Hi,

Quitum TenorA800
    ================
    Pls. assist me with the following;

1. Need to know whether I can Block CLI if yes the procedure.

2. A link where I can download a Free copy of a CDR server software.

Pls. help

Thnx,
    Coorey

MikeM

1. If you mean blocking CLI when you send a call out to the analog PSTN line, then you can only do this if your phone company allows you to do so with a dial code (like *67 here in the US). If your phone company does not support such a code, then you cannot block it. The reason for this is that the CLID is not sent out by the VoIP gateway. The phone company switch where your phone line is connected to sends out the Id.

2. This software can be found on Quintum’s web site at http://www.quintum.com/support/xplatform/ivr_acct/CDRSRV.shtml

Mike

Coorey

Thnx a lot Mike for the valuable information.

coorey

one more thing mike …i have two 8-port quintums is there a way that i can group the two units together and assign a single IP.

Thnx in advance

MikeM

Coorey,

Unfortunately this cannot be done. Each unit must have its own IP address and be configured individually.

Mike

Teodor Georgiev

coorey, no it can be done the way you want, but it can be done very easily with a gatekeeper/softswitch.
    You just point the traffic to the IP of the gatekeeper and then the GK routes that traffic to the desired Quintum.

MikeM

Teodor is partially correct in that you can use a gatekeeper, softswitch or the Quintum call relay to route calls to the individual Tenors, however, each will still need its own IP address. The difference is that with a gatekeeper, softswitch or call relay that has the correct features, you can assign the tenors private IP and the above units can translate the incoming public IP to one of the 2 private IP addresses of the Tenors.

Coorey

Thnx Mike & Theo for the reply…actually I knew this could be done through a SS but I wanted to know whether i could do this in a cheaper way….like not investing or renting space from a SS provider.

Your replies are greatly appreciated nevertheless.

Cheers.

Coorey

Teodor Georgiev

Mike, I am almost 100% sure that he has no issues with IP availability.
    His issue is that he can’t say to his carrier – send me 8 calls to this IP and another 8 – to that IP.
    It does not look serious, neither professional.

coorey

theo you are spot on!….but seems like there’s only one alternative right?…hook the boxes to a SS

Teodor Georgiev

Well, I think there is.
    Long time ago I have a discussion with the QTAC and came to do the idea that one can “link” two Quintums via “border element”.
    One will be master, the other will be “client”. The client will “advertise” to the master its supported prefixes, that will match the hop-off patterns of the master.
    But here an obstacle comes – the maximum simult call limit of a Quintum box.

Coorey to Theo

Pls. let me have some details if it’s not too much of a bother.

Thnx

Coorey

Hi guys,

I am getting “cause code 34” at a rate on the CDR pls. let me know whether this is due to a lapse on the configuration or otherwise.

Thnx in advance.

Coorey

What’s the below error means?…”No Response to Seizure”

and what corrective action can i take.

pls. help

Thnx

MikeM

Coorey,

1. No Response to Seizure means that when the Tenor tried to use one of the PSTN ports/lines, it did not receive dial tone and could not send the call out. This could be due to many reasons, such as the line is not plugged in, the line is bad or if the line has voice mail capability on it, then maybe there is a “stutter” dial-tone and the Tenor cannot recognize this as dial tone. You can test each PSTN line for dial tone from the Tenor’s CLI (through telnet) by typeing “test o 1” the 1 is the line number to test. It will then either come back with “Dial tone detected” or “Dial tone not detected”. You must also end the test by typeing “test e”. If you wanted to test line 3 you would type “test o 3”. This will help you identify which lines may be bad.

2. Cause 34 – This means that when the Tenor received a call it did not have an available port/line to route the call out of. This is a typical code if you get the message “No seizure” as indicated above. Another reason for getting this is if all lines are already in use.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • The forum ‘Voice over IP’ is closed to new topics and replies.