Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Tenor DX2030

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    mdraihan

We configured a Quintum DX2030, the problem we are facing now is,

we able to call into Quintum box on ISDN link but the call not able to route out via IP. May be something small missing.

Teodor Georgiev

Probably it is small, but how could we know if you do not show us a debug + the config? 🙂

Pinoy_Pharao

I have the same problem using DX2030 and 2 ASM400 I can’t route call from PSTN to VoIP network and from VoIP network to PSTN… Pls help… thanks in advance.

Quintum troubles

Write to Mike3799@yahoo.com.
    If you have a public (not behind a router)I.P. address, it only takes about half an hour to get a quintum to make calls from and to VOIP.

Again, only if you have a public,static I.P. address on the box.

Noname

To Noname (MIKE3799)

My setup is for corporate network only. using nortel router (internal network). Says I have 1 branch (HO DX2030) and 2 branches (remote ofcsASM400)and I need to route my call from HO to branch’s PSTN (regional PSTN) and from branch’s PSTN to our VoIP network. How can I do that?

Thanks a lot…

Noname

I guess the question is if you are interfacing with a PBX or key phone system on each end.

The way that the calls are routed from one Quintum to another could be bundled in two categories:

1) Stand alone operation: Each gateway operating on its own, and sending calls to the outside based on the “static routes”.That is a table on each gateway that tells the gateway where to send the calls based on the prefix of each call and the I.P. of the far end gateway. Easy to setup, each gateway is independent of the others, but every time that something changes, you need to update each gateway.

2)Use one of the units as the gatekeeper. The remote units “register” to the main unit,or gatekeeper. You make the gatekeeper the routing hub of your small network. Changes and monitoring are done on the gatekeeper.
    If the gatekeeper dies, so does your network.

On a private network, with all the units on internal I.P. address, any of the two configurations will work fine.
    The only trouble with Quintum is when the remote gateways change I.P. adddress a lot, meaning several times a day , like gateways running on ADSl services.

Start asigning each unit a I.P. address, a mask and a default gateway.

Once you could telnet into each unit, verify data conectivity by telenting into each unit and ‘pinging” the I.P of the other unit.

Once you get to that point, write to my adrress and i will give you more instructions in how to make the first calls betwen units.

Information that you will need:

On the DX2030 T1 or E1 interface.
    If T1, it is cas signaling, or PRI??
    T1 is ESF , SF, AMI or B8ZS??

If PRI T1, what protocol?? NAtional ISDN is the most comon one.

Connected to PBX equipment or Provider???

On the analog interfaces, do you have analog lines from the phone company or extensions from the PBX equipment???

Best luck!!!!!!!

To Noname (MIKE3799)

Thank you very much for your reply.

My implementation is Intranet but plan to extend the VoIP network to PSTN of both sides, I have private WAN infrastructure using frame relay with 24 branches.

1. DX2030 will be installed at Head Office with Meridian 1 PABX using E1 as interface for DX2030.

2. The 2 units ASM400 will be installed in our 2 branches using analog phones (w/o PABX interfacing).

3. I already setup the 2 units of ASM400 and it can received and forward calls from VoIP network, I use 4 digits local number, 31xx for HO, 32xx for branch A, 33xx for branch B, using one of the unit as gatekeeper. When I dial from branch A to branch B, let say 3311, ASM400 FXS port1 at branch B receives the call and VoIP connection was established, it was the same when I dial 3312 for FXS port 2 and so on and vice versa from branch B to FXS of branch A, but when I installed/configured the FXO port1 of branch B, call from PSTN was received by FXO port1 at branch B using 2nd dial tone of the ASM400, but when the 4 digit local number were dialed say 3311 the call was routed to FXS port4 with local number 3314 instead to FXS port1 with local number of 3311. Is there any problem with my setup?

4. Also, when branch B received call from PSTN and gives 2nd dialtone the calls cannot forward to local numbers of branch A (32xx).

As of now, the DX2030 was not install because we are waiting for the E1 card of the Meridian 1 PABX.

From this setup which is better to use, stand alone operation or use DX2030 unit as the gatekeeper?

More power and thank you in advance.

About Quintump ports

About asigning phone numbers to Quintum ports.

I have not played with the ASM 400 yet, but here is what I think.

When you asign a number to a port,you are not really doing that.

You are asigning a number to the group of ports.
    You could have a group of ports, like PBXTG 1 that will handle numbers 3310,3311,3312,3313.

When a call is received by the gateway to any of those numbers, they will be routed to the GROUP , to any port that is available.

If the first call is for extension 3310, the call could go to port one, giving you the impression that you hard asigned a port to a number,but that is not true.
    If you make a call to 3313 when all the ports are idle, most likely the call will go also to the same port number one.

Workaround:Create one PBXTG group per port.
    Asign one port per group.
    Asign one number (3310, 3311,3312) to each GROUP.

That is the closest thing to asign a number to a port that you will be able to get.

If you need a number to have more than one port (dial 3320 for XXXX),you could attach more ports to that particular group.

TIP: If you use ISDN signaling between the PABX Meridian and the Quintum, you loose some flexibility.
    Like if you wanted to create forced routing, where numbers on the PABX side will be sent out to the branches, you will be forced to use the whole E1 for one destination only.

By going CAS betwen the PABX and the Quintum, you will be able to create several groups, with few channels each, and divide numbers over diferent routes, like channels 1-8 to branch “A”, channels 9-16 to branch “B”, etc.

That is harder to do if you have PRI or ISDN link betwen the two.

Best luck!!!!

Mahmud

I have quintum dx2030 P103-08-14. that is connected by Eurotech PRI multicell 32 port PSTN.
    I am using a Mikrotik b750 router where i put my internet modem in port1 and quintum gateway in port2 of the router.
    But I am having a problem with configuring quintum.
    Calls are not hiiting my gateway, or unable to find my gateway.I saw origination of call is ok from my carrier, but there is no termination.Sometimes it shows disc error 34.
    I have a public ip address and i can log in my tenor manager as well as telnet.
    Can u plz help me to configure it?
    I am from Bangladesh.
    Let me know what information can i provide for this.
    Help is badly needed.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Voice over IP’ is closed to new topics and replies.