Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

How does a call know, where to go?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Jesica

Hello,

I want to know, when a call comes into the Quintum A800 then how does it know where to go? How does the call know that it has to go to the PBX or PSTN ?
    Any document about the flow or detail will highly appreciated.

thanks

Mike

Jesica,

The A800 knows where to route the call (assuming that it is configured correctly) based on the phone number that is received. The A800 is a mini phone switch and routes all calls based on the digits. It must have matching digits configured in it in order to route calls correctly. You should be able to find some documentation on call routing on Quintum’s web site.

Noname

If the A800 is working on standalone mode (not registered to a gatekeeper), the routing is done based on a table called static routes.
    On the static routes, you enter the I.P. of the providers, and what numbers or prefixes do you want to send to each provider.
    You could also have multiple providers to the same destination, and asign diferent priority to each route, crating “main” and “backup” routes.

In order to know how the A800 will route a call, do the following:
    From the Quintum prompt,type gk route and the number.

Example: gk route 12813041111
    You are asking the quintum what will it do if a call to that number is dilaed on the ports.

It will reply to this command with the I.P. of the provider or providers that are set on the static route table.

To see the static route tables do the following:

config#
    config#be
    config be#print

That will show you the static routes on the box

Any questions, write to mike3799@yahoo.com

Best regards.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Voice over IP’ is closed to new topics and replies.