Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

USB Phones

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    DAN

I have seen a post regarding USB phones here. I have some understanding of IP phones such as CISCO ATA. I also understand using the heard set and the PC sound card. What I am very much interested is USB phones. Does USB phones as good as IP PHONES or they are as bad as using headsets. The reason I am interested for the IP PHONES is because ease of use as my customers are not technically savvy.

Please please help,

Thanks in advance.

DAN
    Thanks

Dan

Gary

a usb phone is basically the same as a headset and microphone except for the fact that it’s a little more comfortable to wear. The USB phones are about as good as you want to pay for them, most are just a speaker and a mic in a cheap cell phone case with a USB interface. I have seen them get as cheap as 13 USD each when bought in qty of 1000 or so. These phones also typically require the use of softphone software on your PC anyways.

Not much advantage in my opinion.

Alan

Dan

Gary is right you definately get what you pay for. One of the better ones I’ve seen is at http://www.babble.net (first seen on ebay and cheaper) which includes a keypad and has a real phone look. I’ve also seen a USB adapter that plugs into the PC and allows you to use a normal telephone….sorry can’t remember where that one was though (I’ve looked at that many).

Alan

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Voice over IP’ is closed to new topics and replies.