Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Quintum A800 & SIP

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Unknown

Most of the SIP based service providers Provide SIP PROXY SERVER (IP Address) and OUTBOUND SIP PROXY SERVER (IP ADDRESS). but the latest firmware update of quintum provides Primary SIP Proxy and Secondary SIP Proxy…Is there anyone who could tell me that how can I use this OUTBOUND SIP Proxy in Quintum??? I think Cisco ATA186 doesnt provide OUTBOUND SIP PROXY either…ATA186 only have Primary and Secondary SIP Proxy settings…Helpfull reply will be highly appreciated.

Andrew Zhilenko

What seem to be the problem? Just put your SIP server’s address in the “primary” field.

Unknown

My provider gave me “OUTBOUND SIP Proxy” address as well. where do I put it? do I put it as secondary sip proxy or what?

1 more thing plz, after configuring my A800 box to SIP, I dont see anything when I type “gk ep”, but when I was using H323 then it always show me the list of registered endpoints….anyhelp plz..thanks

Arnaldo Perez

I need locate a user manual to configure sip with Quintum

Marlan

wat type of quntum did u have????
    note that quintum G1 is not support sip protocol. A200, A400 and A800
    regards

Noname to Marlan

That is not correct MArlan, I was surprised too, but the A400 and A800 could be loaded with SIP, and they work.
    I only have seen one, and the software was a BEta release, but it does exist and work.
    Then, the only one that for sure does not work on SIP is the infaumus A200. Well, the piece of trash does not work on H323 either.

Best regards.

Carefull when you name a GW

Quintum is anything but a piece of trash, h323 gateways have demonstrated to be robust once configured correctly and maintained with the latest firmware, I have nothing but good comments for Quintum Analog series, also for digital series including D-3000.
    If you need assistance with some configuration let me know, I may be able to help you.

Ahmad Khan

Quintum ‘A’ series (A800 etc) is upgraded to SIP but doesn’t have “OUTBOUND SIP PROXY” option. you cannot enter outbound sip proxy address in Quintum A800 …. infact Quintum ‘A’ Series is not developed for SIP it was developed by having H323 in mind so it is not recommended for SIP …. I said “not recommended” but It works with SIP but your service provider has to choose a different way. Using outbound proxy addresses as primary or secondary will not work.
    Quintum AX Series is recommended for SIP Protocol.
    secondary server acts as a backup server and only works when
    the primary server is down.
    an “outbound proxy” does not act as a backup proxy.

Cisco ATA186 has an ‘OutBoundProxy’ entry field [Version: v2.15 ata18x
    (Build 030122a)]

mario keng

for sip, try mutualphone.com
    they don’t require outbound proxy

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Voice over IP’ is closed to new topics and replies.