Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

IVR and 2 Quintums?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Kevin

Hello,

I have 1 T1 Line. Now I want to do something like.
    when someone calls at my DID Number .. He should get a msg
    “Press 1 for English and 2 for Spanish”

Where “Engish” and “Spanish” are two different Quintums on Two Public IP Addresses…..How the call will be routed to the Quintum of selected Language (English or Spanish)?

thanks for your idea.

Honza Vomacka

You cannot really do an IVR scripting on Quintums. Although you can connect Cisco gateway to your T1 line and create a simple TCL IVR scirpt, which will ask for the language selection – and then route the call to Quintum GW1 or GW2.

Noname

O for about $3000 ,get a DX2024, that gives you multi language and codecs.

Honza Vomacka

Quintum only gives you quasi multi-language support – about nine languages which are supported. If you need some other language (e.g. Czech) – you’re out of luck. On Cisco you can at least get a text-to-speech module for a new language from the third party or write your own.

To Honza

Forgive my ignorance, but I have a question:

What will prevent you from re-recording the voice prompts on a new language????
    Lets say that I wanted a recording in Slovack. Could I just take the prompts in English and re-record them in Slovack???

Never done such a think, but I tought always that all what it was is a audio file.

Thanks for any info that you could provide.

Noname.

Honza Vomacka

You forget about genders, cases and the other language elements. If you just replace english prompts with Czech ones – you will get “me talk english very poor” sort of IVR. Probably in most cases your customer can figure out what you meant, but it will sound confusing and extremely unprofessional.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Voice over IP’ is closed to new topics and replies.