Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Ericsson Webswitch 100 P4-G4 transparent

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Fractal

I have a P4 unit and a G4 unit (Ericsson Webswitch 100) configured via the windows utility and have all the passwords and stuff for the box via telnet. Currently, from any line (FXS or FXO) you need to dial an extension number of the phone you want to connect to. You just get a dialtone when dialing into the G4 via POTS. How do I setup these 2 boxes to automatically dial the corresponsing extensions (1-5, 2-6, etc.) on ring/offhook. I don’t care that 2 remote phones can’t call eah other directly, just want to extend 4 PBX lines to a remote location transparently. Any help would be appreciated.

Dan G

Gary

That is not too hard to do, I have done that before, I’ll look through my notes and check and see how I did it..

I do believe on the P4 you just set the unit to “hotline” to the extension number of each G4 line. Let me know if you get it figured out, of I can help some more later,

Good luck,

Gary.

Fractal (Dan Gauthier)

Yes, the two tricks I needed to know are: 1) extension numbers must be unique as when you place a call to a number via the translate tables of extension to IP, there is no extension number in the destination. It only uses the extension you dial, so all boxes that could ever talk to each other must have unique extensions. 2nd, the term “hotline” in the setup program refers to what I would have called “autodial” and is set on a pop-up window on a button labeled “HOTLINE”. It is possible to set up this configuration of direct connections between two boxes using only the windows setup program.

Thanks anyway, Gary. I figured it out via the “F1” help file in the windows app. I think that’s a first (a windows help file being useful).

I AM rather impressed by the G.729ab compression, the quality loss vs. 711 is barely noticeable except in music on hold and even then I’d call it twice as good as a cell phone.

Dan

hemza

hey
    i want to know about configuration ericsson webswitch 100
    please

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Voice over IP’ is closed to new topics and replies.