Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Post paid service

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Sirius

Anyone able to help me with ivr/tcl configuration for post-paid services? My prepaid service ivr/tcl is working fine. My problem with post paid is with the call application parameters. Pls help

ismail

how do you use ivr/tcl for postpaid? As I know it is for prepaid.. which gw do you use?
    ismail

Sirius

In that case, how do i configure my cisco router to support postpaid services? I have not done for post paid before, have only tried it in prepaid. Pls advice. 🙂

Andrew Zhilenko

Do I understand you want to have PIN-based services, but post-paid? You will need a TCL IVR script for this. You can either modify existing pre-paid script app_debitcard.tcl or develop a new one.

voipbilling2004

Hi Sirius,Which radius server are you using? You can make the changes in radius server return paramters based on the account is prepaid or post paid. In case of post paid your radius server should always authorized the call and send high disconnect time.

To voipbilling2004

If your VoIP billing works by this algorithm – I am really sorry for your customers. How many of them already went bankrupt because their customers made too many unauthorized calls?
    Billing should ALWAYS authorize the call.

voipbilling2004

I said “In case of post paid your radius server should always authorized the call and send high disconnect time.”

Suggested to send higher disconnect time. So the call will not disconnect in case of post paid customer.

To voipbilling2004

Yes, and this is precisely what is WRONG. The VoIP billing (the real one, and not the stuff from aimsoftwares you advertise) should always authorize the call based on the currently available funds and rates to the given destination. Yes, it is a post-paid service – but may be customer is over the credit limit already? Or may be his product only allows to call US&Canada, and he tries to call India?
    So credit time should not be “high”, or “stoned” or something else :-), it should always be precise…

To others: this is exactly the reason why you should buy stable and mature VoIP billing from the reputable company with some experience. Otherwise you will pay out of your pocket for system architecture flaws such as the one above…

Sirius

Hi,

My problem is basically how to configure the cisco router to suit postpaid services? My current cisco router configs for IVR prepaid service. Does postpaid services use TCL scripts to capture the callerID and pass it to the radius server for authentication? or is postpaid configured in the billing/radius server? cause now, when i call to my gateway, my ivr will always prompt asking for ping number.

Honza Vomacka

You should modify your current TCL script accordingly (or find a TCL developers who can do it for you).
    If you just want to use a basic post-paid service based on the ANI (callerID) – there is a description and configuration examples at http://www.portaone.com/resources/docs/PortaBilling/m-r-9/PortaBilling_Guide_MR9_Part_II.pdf, page 41

How to deploy Billing System?

Dear All,
    My name is Tung, i would like to hear some guide for deploy Billing System for prepaid.
    Current i have a cisco AS5300, a Freeradius server 1.0, i already load IVR Scrip into Cisco by TFTP and Audio file but i dont know how to calculator limit time from Billing System example Customer A have 100US in account how the cisco can known that amount in customer account.

Honza Vomacka

Since you do not have much experience with VoIP, my recommendation would be: buy a good commercial VoIP billing, preferably the one which will also include the good training. Otherwise you are doomed to go by “trial and error” method, and learn the things in the hard way: by loosing your own money.

Bruce

What would be the best Windows based IVR and Billing system?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The forum ‘Voice over IP’ is closed to new topics and replies.