Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

VOIP bridging for 2 way radios…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Leo

Guys.. do u know any voip solution which i can use to bridge 2 way radios to increase their range?

Noname

A couple of old MC3810 with 4w e/m signaling, in a point to point aplication.

Use the e/m wires to key up the radio.

That will requiere two voip terminals, one at the consle location, and the other at the transmitter location.

Never done it, but it is a project that I always thought about ,since I use to play with radios long ago.

Imagine the posibilities: You move to another country, but still talk with your handheld radio to your buddies clean across the globe.

I bet you money some old radio folks will faint when they see you talking with 1 watt from the USA to South Africa.

Noname

Impresive. What I was planning to build myself with spare parts, already done with a USB dongle.
    That will be a godsent if you have a couple of warehouses in diferent locations, or just several locations anywhere.
    Now, does anyone have found a device that goes directly, like in one box aproach from VOIP H323 to GSM????

I found several boxes that are suposted to do SIP to GSM cell phone in one box, but have not found anyway to make if from GSM cell phone to H323 on one box.

Best regards.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Voice over IP’ is closed to new topics and replies.