Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Cisco: IVR on IP call leg

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Kashif

Hi,

I am trying to implement IVR on IP call leg. Quintum doesn’t do it, Cisco is supposed to support it with new release 12.3(7) IOS. I have a 3640 with the IOS to check it out but I do not have the prompts or TCL scripts for cisco.
    If anybody has these , I would really appreciate teh help. These are also available on the Cisco web-site but i do not have a CCO account, maybe somebody has a CCO and can download them for me.
    I am trying to run a calling card setup, but any TCL script will do for now as long as it requires to play out a prompt and collect some digits. For actual implement, I will get the scripts made or do them myself.
    In return, I can help out with any configuration or technical issues related to Cisco or Quintum, I have good experience with both.

Thank you

Andrew Zhilenko

> Cisco is supposed to support it with new release 12.3(7) IOS
    First of all, there is no 12.3.7 IOS, there is only 12.3.6, 12.3.6a, 12.3.6b and 12.3.9. Or do you mean 12.3T IOS line?
    Second, you can have an IVR on the VoIP call leg in the previous IOS versions, but only if g711 codec is used.
    Where did you get your information? Perhaps you misunderstood something?

Dillip

If you are trying to run a calling card setup. You can connect T1/E1 directly to the CISCO gateway. Why do you want to play IVR on IP leg?

Only g11 codec support IVR in voip leg.

Kashif

Andrew,

YOu are right on both accounts. I am referring to 12.3(7)T IOS. And yes, I knew it was supported with G.711 but we are running VoIP on satellite links so g711 was not an option.
    Why we are running IVR on IP leg. because our customers are using IP phones, softphones or smaller SOHO gateways to reach us.
    I was able to find some TCL scripts on cisco’s ftp server but they are all based on TCL version 1. The new IOS is supposed to be supporting version 2, i thought it would be backward compatible but the scripts are giving errors even on loading. I am not sure whether it is because the script is bad or older version is not supported.
    Is there a way to check those scripts? if anyone has IVRSoft, can you help me? I can email the script to you to check.
    Thanks
    Kashif

Dilip

TCL 1.0 doesn’t play prompt in IP leg. You need TCL 2.0. I have the scripts.

Kashif

Hi Dilip,

Yeah i figured that out the hard way. I was able to get some TCL 1.0 scripts from cisco’s ftp site but they didn’t do the trick.

I would really appreciate if you can share your scripts with me. I only need one that plays a promt and collects some digits. Even if it is not full-fledged debit card operation. I need to test this thing out first and if it works then we are going to look for full scripts.

Please see if you can help me here. My email address is kashifned@yahoo.com.

Thank you

Kashif

Dillip

Sent TCL

Kashif

Dilip, thanks for the script.
    Can I ask for some help if I have trouble implementing it?

Thaks again

Kashif

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Voice over IP’ is closed to new topics and replies.