Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Quintum800 issue: Drop Calls.. pls READ

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    koymack

hi everyone…
    need your insight, opinion and help..
    i’m using a Quintum 800 and my Gateway is a Cisco 3640.. my client uses a Cisco AS5300 to send us traffic.. now my problem is that i’m having alot of DROP CALLS and so my ASR is very low plus since we’re using prepaid GSMs we’re being charged for some drop calls… so its doing not very good…
    my client’s AS5300 uses G723r63 codec so i’ve set my Quintums at 81 (G.723.1 @ 6.3kbps.)… my CASSIGNALING is set at 5 (Loop Start Reverse Battery ) SUPERVISION: 3 (Both Answer and Disconnect)…
    what do you think ’causes the DROP CALLS???… need your say ASAP please… thanks….

Bipu

Well, I think you should have set your lines with different polarity. At least I fixed it this way couple of times.

koymack

thnaks for your reply.. i’ve already set my Quintum’s CAS to Lop Start Reserse Battery if thats what you mean… but i stil have drop calls…

Mark

You should review the documents Quintum has about disconnect supervision and answer supervision. You cannot have the cassig set to 5 and supervision set to 3. This is not correct. First, for the reverse battery does your GSM device provide reverse battery to the Quintum? Based on your description, I am betting not. Set the cassig to 1 and re-test.

Bipu

No, I didn’t mean that. What you have to do is swap between leads of each line. It should fix this issue hopefully.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Voice over IP’ is closed to new topics and replies.