Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Recording Voice Prompt

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    bobby

I am trying to recordering new voice prompt for my tenor, please help me which type of software I can use to record it. as I know it need to record in certain type of voice. ( ITU-CCITT, Mu-law,..etc)
    please help
    bobby

Amar

Use cooledit

Armando

For a simple recording, you can use the Microsoft Sound Recorder.
    Make sure you change it to CCITT format.

Regards,
    Armando

Appan KH

you can use Windows recording and save the file as per your required format.

Programs-accessories-entertainment-sound recorder.

you can also Edit the file through wave file editors

kashif

I used Vox Studio 3 for recording prompts for Quintum. It is freely available.

Kobe

You mean i’ve record a file and save it as .wav will work. Does quintum need any additional codec??? As i downloaded some sample wav file from quintum.com. all the wav file are not playable giving me alot of weird sound. Please advice

thanks in advance

OrdeJ

Actually ivr files are wav files, but in raw format – without file header. In cooledit open sample files as raw, than set bitrate 8, and ulaw codec…

After recording new files, save it as raw file, also set proper codec, sample rate, and than transfer files to quintum.

If you record files as normal wav than quintum will play header of files and you will have some noise in front of each ivr files

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Voice over IP’ is closed to new topics and replies.