Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Tenor A800 and a Dlink Router

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Hitman

i’m the one in charge of the Tenors, my boss is a cheap bastard, he brought a DI-707P Dlink Router and he told me “connect four Tenors to a Dlink router”, i connected and i can’t access the tenor’s in telnet or the web-base sevice, can anyone tell me how to do it.

Leon

Try to set Tenor to 10MB|Half duplex through console.

Hitman

Thanks Leon, i manage to put them to work,i put the router as DHCP server and the quintum as a DHCP client, now my problem is to get then recive calls over the internet

Hitman

can anyone tell me how to access the the four Quintums connected to the router over the internet?

Mark

Your problem will be due to the NAT/Firewall of the Dlink. In order for the Tenor to receive and send VoIP, you need to map a public IP address to each unit. I do not believe you will be able to do such a thing with D-Link. In fact, I am not sure you will be able to do this with any small router and you would need to get 4 public IP addresses from your ISP, 1 for each unit. One alternative is to use a small Tenor Call Relay. You need a public static IP address (not dynamic) and you need to connect the Call Relay to your D-Link. Have your dlink provide a static private IP to the Call Relay and setup so that it maps the public IP through to the Call Relay private IP. Then you setup the 4 tenors behind the dlink with private ips and put them to the Call relay for all outgoing calls and have the Call relay configured with static routes back to the private IP of the gateways. In this way, all calls that originate from your gateways, go through the call relay which uses the public IP out. All calls coming from the internet are sent to the public IP, which goes to the call relay and then out to the gateways.

One thing to watch out for is that many of the dlink units did not support VoIP. They may now, but you need to check on this.

Hitman

i was looking at an info in the Quintum site, the page is this http://www.quintum.com/main/e_tech_nat.php3
    this is why a was asking this info for, i don’t know if this NATAccess is for the Tenor A800, Mark you’ve been of so much help but as i write before in a post, my boss is a cheap bastar and don’t want to buy a Call Relay.
    if this NATAccess if for the quintum i just need to figured out how it works.

Mark

The NatAccess is on all the Quintum’s, but again, you must map a public IP to each Quintum behind the NAT.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Voice over IP’ is closed to new topics and replies.