- This topic has 7 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 16 years, 9 months ago by Mark to Carolina.
4th June 2004 at 12:24 #27265PieterGuest
I am trying to install IVR type 2 voice prompts on a Quintum ASM400. Apparantly you have to use ftp to do so but the manual is not very clear about the procedure. Can anybody help.4th June 2004 at 18:19 #27266LeonGuest
Download help file (chm) from Quintum’s web site5th June 2004 at 10:25 #27267PieterGuest
I cannot find it. Do you please have more detail of the document name10th June 2004 at 16:38 #27268sevianGuest
This is the webpage:
Download this file:
Tenor AS User Guide (1.3 MB PDF)
This information you’re looking for should be in chapter six. I believe page 6-20.19th June 2004 at 22:23 #27269CarolinaGuest22nd June 2004 at 01:16 #27270Noname to CarolinaGuest
I never worked on one of those, but since they are very new, you should be able to get help from the vendor .
Or is it a e-bay special????
Best regards!!!28th June 2004 at 21:16 #27271Mark to PieterGuest
To download the voice prompts to the AS/AX or DX you can do the following;
1. Copy the voice files to your PC in a directory named for the language, like english.
2. Open a browser window and in the address field type “ftp://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx” where xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is the IP address to the Tenor.
3. Log in to the tenor with the correct username and password.
4. Once logged in, double click on the IVR folder to open this.
5. Drag the language folder where you copied the prompts to on our PC to this opened folder in the Tenor so it creates the language folder and copies the voice prompts to the folder.
When it is done, you can close the browser.
That is it.28th June 2004 at 21:18 #27272Mark to CarolinaGuest
This sounds like you have FTP’d too many files to the system and have overloaded the file system. If you have loaded voice files to the system, please go in and delete some of the languages.
that should help.