Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Quintum DX with dynamic IP

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Marv

Can the new DX series auto update the IP address if dynamic IP is used for the internet?

Noname to Marv

Really, that will be like taking a Mercedes and use it to cut the grass on the frontyard.
    But anyway, I looked al over the setup of mine, and I do not see any mention of PPOE or dinamic I.P.

Best luck!!!!

Dan

I think the only product on the market that can auto update the IP on dynamic is QTelNet.

Marv

So what is the DHCP function on the DX for?

RTFM

Does anybody read the manuals anymore

Noname to RTFM

The Quintum manuals???? The ones not provided with the units???
    The ones that you could only get paying bribes to the guys that went to a class to sell you a copy???

Or the online manuals, that until not long ago Quintum kept on the secured side of the web site???

Oh yeap we read those too. Even when I was forced to pay for the manual to read about by new gateway.

Teodor Georgiev

Yes, Quintum have a very dumb policy regarding documentation. If they want to increase sales, they have to provide as more documentation as they can. Look at Cisco…
    I was telling them many times the above words… …
    At least for the manuals they have reconsidered their opinion.

RTFM

All the documentation is available on the Quintum’s web site, what use to be hidden is now available, but did it change anything, and the answer is no, the people are still asking questions and complain.

This is the web site:
    http://www.quintum.com/support/index.shtml

On the bottom of this web page is a search field – use it. Just type dhcp you will get the answer.

Noname to RTFM

Dear colleague:

I agree that many things changed lately with Quintum, and I like the product so much that is the main equipment on my company.
    But that does not erase the previus troubles that the company had,like:

1)Selling the Quintum A200,without a real support, except replacing the units with another one, that only brought diferent troubles.

2) Putting the manuals on the restricted area (and I did have access to it). What where they afraid of???
    Where they afraid that people could use the manuals to learn about their products??? And maybe buy some more????
    Extrange for sure.

And the other part. Some of us are lucky to have experience. Some others started right now, and could have questions that really should be resolved using “google”
    But being agresive to the newcomers is not what this site is all about.
    Three years ago, I was making the stupid questions,now I could pay back a little to the community that educated/helped me.

If the low level of some questions bother you, somewhere there is a site for advanced VOIP.

Best regards to all.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Voice over IP’ is closed to new topics and replies.