Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

If I change the firewall settings …

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Harshad

Harshad:
    Thanks for the prompt reply!
    OK, then if I request lan administrator, to remove the firewall temporarily OR to make the required ports (which may be restricted currently) allowed in the Firewall script, then will my VoIP run? Is it the only change that I should make?

Noname :
    >”You have been firewalled to death.
    >When you use dialup, does not >matter what ports you are trying >to use, they will go trought.
    >When yu are in a lan, the lan >administrator will likely >restrict what portd could be used.
    >Very unlikely that you will be >able to do VOIP from a NAT LAN.”

Harshad :
    >>”I am trying to run VoIP >>application through NAT. My VoIP >>code works fine, if I tried it >>from a PC directly accessing the >>internet using a dialup modem! >>But the same code doesn’t work >>on a machine which is on LAN and >>having internet access through >>leaseline. We have port >>restricted NAT. The register >>request gets Time Out!!! Is >>there any special precaution to >>be taken while making the VOIP >>code run from LAN? Can any >>change in firewall setting make >>that code run? Can anybody help >>me out? Thanks, in advance!”

Noname

There ia big number of ports that need to be opened for VOIP to work. It is a whole range of ports.
    That is the first part of the trouble, the firewall not letting packets pass trought.
    After that you may run into the NAT wall. The NAT not translating the packages of VOIP properly, causing one way audio or failure of the call altogheter.

Have you look into the produt call H323 proxy???? There is advertising about it on this page. I understand that is made by the people that maintain this site.
    Look above the text, on the left, on the brown field.
    That is a software designed to help you get VOIP inside the network from the internet, without compromising the firewall by punching holes on it.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Voice over IP’ is closed to new topics and replies.