Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Quintum behind NAT

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Men_in_trouble

Dear forum members,
    I’m operating my Tenor A800 behind a NAT. The problem that I’m facing is that whenever I’m making an outgoing IP call, I can’t hear the called party’s voice but instead they hear me very well.
    What I concluded from this, is that the voice packets are passing away from my NAT/Router correctly but the return path is not clear and the packets get lost. I believe this is a problem of my NAT/Firewall not correctly translating the ports.
    Could anyone advise how to get out of this trouble, or at least what ports can I manually configure on my router to overcome this issue.
    Any help is appreciated!

Regards,
    James.

ipworld3 to Men_in_trouble

Hi there,

Your problem is indeed NAT. If you have to oepn each and every ports, u’ll end up selling tylenol!!!

Check if your modem/router has DMZ mode. If so, place the Tenor in DMZ mode, i.e set the Tenor ip address in DMZ. Thats all and no more configs.

Hope it helps you.

Cheers

Noname

I do not agree with the statement about selling Tylenol.

He will be taking it all!!!!! Not selling it.

There is a list of the ports that you need to configure on your router to pass trought on the Quintum site.
    The site is not the most organized site that you will find, but have a ton of usefful information, buried three or four levels deep.

Try the following link:
    http://www.quintum.com/support/products/1G/tenor_1G/index.shtml

A couple of hours reading this documentation could be a well spent time.

Best regards, and the good news is that once you get it work, is it a workhorse.

Noname

Men_Getting_Out_Of_Trouble

Guys,
    Thanks for your good advice. One thing I’m not sure: Why Quintum announces that the Tenor boxes work under NAT-ed LAN with its “NATAccess” technology. If I have to open the ports on my router or have to put the gateway in the DMZ, than what’s the use of NATAccess in this scope?

Regards,
    James

NONamE

After you put the Quintum in the DMZ, you still need to do a port forwarding from your router. On Quintum website you should able to find a document name Tenor and NAT listed the neccessary ports needed to be open in the router. Good luck

James

Thanks for the valuable information, Noname!
    I’ll try to utilize it!

Regards,
    James

ipworld3

Hi Noname,

Are you sure about the port forwarding after tenor is in DMZ??

I don’t think so because I got it up without any port forwarding any of the ports.

romulus

james, you can registered with our softswitch with an assigned H323ID from us and all your problems will go away. we have customers who uses a800 on a private net (10.x.x.x) and a public IP (DHCP’d)from his local ISP. Otherwise you need to re-direct the ports from your router to the a800 and make sure change the ext. IP under “config unit 1” to match the external IP from your ISP. If your ISP changes your public IP, you need to change your ext. IP to match it. very painful..

James

Romulus,
    Please give me guidlines on how to register with your GK.
    Give me contacts please.

Regards,
    James

romulus

james, drop me a line at devacool@hotmail.com and we can get you going.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘Voice over IP’ is closed to new topics and replies.