Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Sysmaster Sales & Support the worst!!

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    Badrul Alam

ATT: Saul Bejarano
    I have bought a used voicemaster 2000 platform – everything is wired with E1 connections, 2 quintum boxes, IP connections, CISCO router – partially configured – the gentleman helping me in configuring is too busy and taking bit longer than I want. Can I get any help in fine tuing my system to go running urgently? Anyone with good knowledge may require just few hours.

www.blue-lava.co.uk

We can help with this.

Just let me know whats needed.

dwray@blue-lava.co.uk

Esther

My company uses Sysmaster billing and HW. We have support guys who can answer your questions. Why don’t you give me an e-mail: eshin@relay-telecom.com

Esther

nexgen

can anyone tell me if sysmaster their gk.. is able to register 2 e164 id numbers in the gk. The problem im having is i have a 2 port terminal adapter and i put 2 DID numbers in the TA and once i hook up to the gk and goto the putty i get only one dialed digits that is registered to the gk. Can anyone help as to why this is i have a trace of the ta to the gk and i also have a trace going from ta to lucent gk and it is able to read both numbers and incoming calls to both ports work ..just loking for the answer to why sysmaster only registers one. thank you

nexgen

Im a customer of sysmaster and i’m not here to bash the company.. but i will give you an honest feedback as to how i have been dealt with from the sales staff and the service on technical side.

i became a customer about a year ago .. i was very excited about the opportunity that was presented to me just like all of you .. you saw the opportunity and you seized it.. anyways after hours of constant research and being new to the voip industry i was looking for guidence from my sales person..to give me the best advise and honesty along with ethics as a sales person can give.. he told me everything the sysmaster gk was able to do and all the cool stuff.. im not ashamed to say i was caught up into the hype of his sales pitch and his time he spent with me teaching me all about voip and what the voice master is capable of doing.

When i got done doing my research as to what voip was all about from gateway, colo to ani, pri T1 and from the protocols that are used from the codec and anything a person seeking to gain knowledge of a new venture. It was exciting and scary to be taking a large leap into the unknown.

i finally made the purcase of the voicemaster in month 3 i think. feeling very comfortable in my purchase and the price i got it for. Once i received i learned my gk was only equipped with h323.. not SIP this is where the fun all starts in this business .. i called my sales person and asked him why is their no sip.. he told me i had to buy a module.. i was very upset to his answer if you look on their web site it says gatekeeper h323/SIP very alluring to think you will be getting both the protocols in the gk. but you don’t. This is where they start to sell you everything from the module to maybe what color car you want. I was never told of a module or things i would have to buy later on all i was told as to all the amazing things the gatekeeper can do. AFter finding out i didn’t have SIP i just sucked it up and went on and made due with what i had. so far so good. AS the months past and doing hours of testing and logging my reports as to asr and pdd and qos it was a big learning curve to be going through from a guy that comes from the finance field. anyways i become more knowledgeable about the gk.. and what it was able to do i still had many questions as to how to set up accounts and jsut some basic stuff.. so one day i said im going to call tech support.. as i talked to them it was very hard to understand them.. that was the first problem very hard.. but they tried and i was very thankful.. but it got so bad i had to call sales and say i dont want to talk to talk to someone that speaks english their first language.. i thoguht they would understand what i was sayign as a customer but they didnt as time went by i became use to their foreign speaking techs. once again it was very hard to understand them.. it is a lot of repeating to them. once its all done.. all they will tellyou is to please email me the question .. i have never heard of someone sayign email me the question.. but i guess that is how sysmaster techs do business.. i asked my sales person would i be able to get tech support they said yes.. so i called my tech guy and told him of my issues and once again.. they could not help me in any way. i told the tech guy and sales person i didnt pay for support to be sending in email.. i have told them the service they have delivered to me is unsatisfactory.

As time went by i had other questions as to the gk and stuff i may need like in modules. I called my sales person and asked him i would like to know about a moudle to see if it will solve a problem i was having their answer was we built it for some reason. i was like ohh man.. not again.. sales people need to listen to their customer and to know the product.. if you plan to succeed in anything in life.. you must be happy as to what you do and to know the product.. if you dont know the product and how it works than you dont have anything.

After months of runnign into other issues like we all do.. i was losing confidence in any questions i had for sysmaster. knowing i would get the run around or they would say ahh i dont know and blame it on the other vendors and their equipment or they would say email me the issue.. when we all have an issue we dont want to wait or send an email time is money. So, anyways i jsut decided to play their game and email an exact issue to them.. i seent them the layout as to the problem and a trace file.. it has been days since i have heard anything .. i think i have been very patient as to my question and the time frame i have allowed them to answer the question. who knows where this will all end for me.. all i know is i will keep trying and i have been in search of other vendors on their gk.. but once again its all about how much time do i want to put back into learnign about a new product..

So i leave all of you with an honest feedback with my dealings with sysmaster..if i could do it all over again.. from what i know now and the service i have received i would not buy another gk from them.. actually i would not buy any products from them.. but i know i will need so modules from them..since they are the only ones that have the modules. .. remember their are other vendors that have gk jsut like sysmaster..not the only players in town.. buyer beware from them..

Thank you for everyones time and good luck to everyone in the business.

If you would like to know more and what i have discovered as to the gk and other products that work good with it .. and not want to spend hours of time finding the issue.. leave me your email.. thank you

Procomm

We have to understand that telecom business and more VOIP requires from people with good knowledge of telecom (Technical people) to attack technical issues.
    How many times I have had arguments with providers that tells me, “Well I do not know why it does not works for you if I have other customers running traffic”.
    VOIP with H323 is a signaling world where you can find Hundreds of parameters to make them match, there is no Plug and Play device for VOIP and most of the devices require intense troubleshooting to find that the problem is probably h245 signaling or that answer supervision has not been activated or that the one way voice problem is caused for a missconfigured router, etc.
    I suggest to any entrepreneur on the VOIP business, before trying to go into this business to create a good alliance with your tech or people that will run your network because When you have problems and BELIEVE ME you will have them, you will find sense to the words TIME IS MONEY.

Regards,

Saul Bejarano

nexgen.

procomm.. areyou running gk from sysmaster already.. youare right time is money..

Jaques Vallione

I have yet to find a problem with my sysmaster solution. At this point in time with the help of my technical staff We have setup a turn key solution in a matter of hours without having to contact the company’s support personnel.

Nexgen if you need any type of help drop me a line, but reading your previous posts regarding SIP protocol not supported, This is not the case for the sysmaster gatekeeper. You have the options to use both protocols of course so I am sure that you did not fully comprehend the capabilities of this solution.

TIME IS MONEY as is the case in most business practices but I would like to add that a conscise effort in business planning and management is equally effective. Jumping to the VoIP market blindfolded technically and expecting your business to sail to stardom seems in my opinion as both reckless and naive. There is plenty of documentation online regarding voip solution implementation , design, and general knowledge.

As far as Sysmaster having bad technical support personnel I would have no clue, their solutions are simplistic enough that I as of the present time have yet to need their support. The salesperson assigned to my account has been excellent in answering all questions truthfully and thoroughly.

Again if you have questions drop me a line.

Cheers,

Jaques

coolhand

Hmmm…we have configured a sysmaster and the customer used it for a few months and sold it. Few months later the guy who purchased the sysmaster from the first guy located us and asked for help. This week the same sysmaster showed up again with a guy who is doing business in the same colo space as us. Within 6 months, same product changed hands three times, interesting….

nexgen

jaques,

thanks for the advice.. maybe you are able to help me out.. you are right when jumping into the business not to expect stardom.. i never expected that.. but some better guidence from some sales person selling me a gk and i asked sales person if i was able to do this and that.. never did i ever hear of a module.. and that may have been my fault.. all is done and the venture must go on.. as you said lots of info out in the voip world.. and i still search as to how to get a 2 port TA to register 2 e.164 in the vm putty.. i have 2 port adapter and im only able to get it to register port 2 it only gives my one end point.. i hooked up a ata 186 and it gave me two endpoints and it registered as two numbers.. i was able to give it 2 DID numbers and it showed up inthe putty and i was able to call both lines incoming and it worked.. i also tested ubr 924 both from cisco and it did a roll over.. hunt group.. iss ue with 924 only meant for cable users.. ata 186 only 1 rj45 port.. looking for 2 port that has a wan port and lan port and 2 rj11 fxs ports.. and if a two port can do fxo 1 port that will be great.. any ideas..thank you

Makev Gabes

Please can anyone help with support for SysMaster SM2000 Server and Gateway.

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)
  • The forum ‘Voice over IP’ is closed to new topics and replies.