Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Help Pl

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Appaji

Hi,
    What are the requirements to call to any landline from PC which is connected to internet. i mean without using some pc2phone provider. Cannot we do that work without pc2phone providers. if you know anything about this let me know.

my question i have ADSL internet connection to my PC(24 hours connected) i want to call any landline using my PC.

i need requirement of hardware and sowftwares.

thank you in advance
    Appaji
    svappaji@yahoo.com

Dan C

Without using a service provider you will need to have an FXO gatway located within the area code you are trying to call. The best way is not to use your PC but to use an FXS gateway with a an analog phone or use an IP phone. There are lots on the market but I recommend Qtelnet for the quality and support.

Appaji

thank you Dan c, if you dont mind can you give more detail..

Thank you
    Appaji

Dan C

Well look at http://www.qtelnet.com and find the remote dial tone pacakge. This is essentially what you need to do, have an FXS at your home and place FXO gateways in the cities that you wish to obain dial tone from.

aix

but if you dial to a landline, even you have a gateway, you still need a voip carrier. the gateway should be registered by the carrier.

Dan C to AIX

If you have an FXS gateway and an FXO gateway you do not need a voip carrier if you are looking to dial in the the same area code that the FXO is located. It all depends what you are looking for.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Voice over IP’ is closed to new topics and replies.