Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

AudioCodes MP-104; NEW TO SIP GATEWAYS..

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    randomdave

Hey there,

The company I work for is pcurrently playing with VOIP, and as I have been handling the PBX I get the job of handling setting up SIP servers and gateways etc… (OH DAMN!)

Anyways,

I have a loan MP-104 to try and link our PBX to the SIP proxy. I am just not to familiar with the architecture of gateways and approach I need to take. I have the box on the LAN no worries, but I am still trying to understand how it ties back to the PBX.

I know this is really basic level stuff, but can anyone help?

Thank
    Dave

Noname

Well, what is the MP-104???

Or what type of ports does it have???

FXS ??? FXO??? 4 wires with E and M?

Assuming that the box have the normal FXS ports, menaing that there is a port where you normally will plug a phone , You could connect those ports to a standar C.O. trunk card on the PBX.

That is the type of ports used by your everyday,normal phone lines coming from your friendly phone company.

Once that is done, you need to program the PBX to access those lines, either by dialing a access code (dial 3333 for long distance), or if you have a little key system, you may make a “hotkey” that will give you acccess to the dial tone from the box (press the second buttom on the right to call long distance)

If you get more details, like what kind of interface does the box have, and the brand and model of the PBX, I could pass mre information .

Things that do not work:(try them at your own risk.

1)Extension line of your PBX,conected to the FXS port of your box

2)C.O. trunk of the PBX conected to FXo ports on the box

one of the devices need to be “voltage provider” (FXS) and the other is a “voltage sinker” (FXO), or it will not work.

Anthony Farrugia

Hi

I have a voip gateway and still setting it up for the first time, do I need to set up the IP of the dsl modem, are there any useful link regarding Audiocodes voip gateways

Thanks in advance

Anthony Farrugia

Hi There

This Is a MP-102, It uses FXS

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Voice over IP’ is closed to new topics and replies.