Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Cisco MCS 7835-3000 & Quintum A400

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Hristo

I have a VoIP network which consists of a Cisco MCS 7825H-3000 , Quintum A400 and A200.Could anyone help me with the configuration ?

Noname

That is depending on what you are trying to acomplish with that set of harware.
    Plese explain what is the configuration that you are trying to deploy.

Hristo

Thank you for replaying,
    well,we configured the Cisco MCS and now it is working with 6 VoIP phones in several different geographical locations. The purpose of the Quintum A400 is to give PBX local(office) analog phones the opprtunity to establish calls with the VoIP phones.

Noname to Hristo

That is fairly easy.

Run some single line extensions of the PBX to the PSTN ports of the A400.Ask your friendly PBX technician to put those extensions on a easy to remember number, and in a hunt group or rollover.
    If you have a good PBX, you may ask the PBX tech to setup adn “access code” something like the number 32 to access those extensions.

On the Cisco, enter a new H323 gateway, and create a route such a way that when someone on the VOIP side dials a number that matches the range of numbers on the PBX, sends the calls to this gateway.

On the Quintum, on the PSTNTG group one, include all the cahnnels.
    Set up IVRt type to second dial tone,
    Create a hopp-off pattern that will catch the calls from the Cisco and send them to PSTN (really your PBX).
    You will need to use huntpubldn and lamreplace fields.

On the other direction, when someone calls the extensions attached to the Quintum, they will get second dial tone, ready to call someone “on the other side of the fence”.

You will need to setup static routes on that direction.

Good luck!!!

Hristo

I took your advise , but there is a problem with the Cisco Call Manager to register with the H.323 gateway (in my case the Tenor A400)! What might be the reason ?

Noname

Soorrrry. Not much experience with the Cisco call manager ( being mauled by it does not count as experience).
    However, I will not try to make the Cisco call manager register with the Quintum. Making static routes will be easier.
    I could help you from the Quintum side if you need it, but not on the Cisco.

Best luck!!!!!

www.voiphelp.net

I agree creating static routes would be best in this situation. If you need some pointers let me know.
    support@voiphelp.net

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Voice over IP’ is closed to new topics and replies.