Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

a-800 quntum , configration

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    ajit

Hello sir , I want to know how to config a quntom ,if u have particular meenas of comnades or any book let , so plz post me on my mail arress , i shall be very thankful of u, I want to learn it ,
    ajit

Reza
    voiphelp.net

Hello Ajit,
    There are also many applications examples that can be found on the Quintum website.
    http://www.quintum.com/support/index.shtml

support@voiphelp.net

www.blue-lava.co.uk

Hi Ajit,

I have a number of Quintum configurations on file – if you would like to contact me at: mhitchcock@blue-lava.co.uk I would be happy to send you some examples.

Hope this helps

Mat.

cypherdecode

We have made some test with our clients, we are getting cause code 16 because the person calling waits 23 seconds for the call to connect. Although when we use openphone to test calls, it just takes 6 seconds.

Cas Signaling Type = loop start rev battery (5)

Any suggestion to speed up the call?

noname

Take a look in your PSTNtg 1
    group, see what value do you have on Answer delay timeout.

That is the time that the Quintum will “listen” for an answer before starting the billing.

This is how it should be on a gateway with no wait:

Cas Signaling Type = loop start fwd disconnect(6)
    Cas Orientation = user(0)
    Dial Tone Detect = yes(1)
    Dial Delay Timeout = 1000
    Answer Delay Timeout = 0
    Flash-Hook Signaling = no(0)
    Supervision = none(0)
    Caller Id Detection = no(0)
    dtmf-ontime = 100
    dtmf-offtime = 100

That means that the quintum will not give you any “grace” period. The soonest that the quintum connects the VOIP side with the PSTN, it will signal back to the billing that the conversation started,regardells of the conversation being detected or not.

In order to avoid billing persons for a busy tone , or short calls that went nowhere, you need to setup the grace on your billing system.

If you use both variables, you are adding the efect.

30 seconds delay on quintum, and 30 seconds grace on billing means that you may loose up to a minute per call.

Give it a try. If you need assitance making few test calls, give a holler.

mike3799@yahoo.com

cypherdecode

Thanks Noname.

We almost have the same setting, except for:

Cas Signaling Type = loop start rev battery(5)

This is the setting we need for our answer supervision to work properly.

Any other suggestion?

Mezba U Ahmed

Hi , I want to know how to config a quntom ,if u have particular comnades or any book plz post me on my mail arress , it will be very help full to me
    Thanga

Noname

I have the file with the whole manual, about 250 pages.
    All what you need to know to setup a Quintum (Aspirines not incluided).
    Send me a e-mail to mike3799@yahoo and I will reply with the manual.
    Put Quintum on the subject of the e-mail . Too many viruses and trojans coming via e-mail.

Regards.!!!!

harith

i would like to knew the configration of quintum if u have please send it to me on my e mail
    thanx

MikeM

Cypherdecode,

My guess is that the analog line you are connecting to the Tenor is either not really providing correct reverse battery answer supervision or maybe the Tenor is not recognizing it.

You stated that it takes 23 seconds for the call to connect, but do you actually get a call connect from the Tenor after this time or does the user simply hang up? If they hang up, then what I said above is true in that the Tenor is not seeing the reverse battery from the PSTN line to say that the call is connected. Try setting the cassig to loopstart only or loop start forward disconnect, then set the supervision to answer and the answerdelay to 60 and see if that helps.

MikeM

Harith,

There are many different ways the Tenor can be configured depending on your application requirements and what you are connecting to. As others have mentioned in this thread, you can find some examples on Quintum’s web site (http://www.quintum.com/support/index.shtml)

If you want a specific configuraiton, then you will need to provide more detailed information on what you are trying to do.

Marlan

Hi
    ave u already solve the issue???
    feel free to contact me @ nguehou3@yahoo.fr

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The forum ‘Voice over IP’ is closed to new topics and replies.