Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Quintum A200 with Dynamic DNS.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Kr

I was wondering if anyone has used the Quintum A200 with any Dynamic DNS Services. If, so
    which ones and how do you rate it thus far.

I am trying the best way to publish my ip address that changes on a daily basis.

KR

Noname

The A200 have a trouble with the I.P. changes. When used on “gatekeeper” mode, and the I.P. changes, it tries to re-register without “logging off” first.

That used to be a trouble with older Quintum software.

After version 15 I believe, Quintum changed the gatekeeper software to eliminate the older registration out of the gatekeeper when they saw a newer one from another I.P.

I never tried the DDNS. I could be interesting.

I was reading few days ago on http://www.ddns.org, but I do not see how you will make the A200 register to it.

Good luck!!!!!!!

Jim

KR,

Dont use the A200 it is terrible. There is a company called QTelNet that makes gateways that take care of the IP address changing for you without the need of a gatekeeper and you wont have to worry about posting your IP address when it changes.. It is a behind the scene messaging system. There are 2 port FXO and 2 port FXS. As per a previous post you can pick them up online here : http://www.atacomm.com

Hope this helps.

kr

I wish they were out when I purchased my 2 – A200’s and my A400 back in 2002, but now I have to work with what I got.

I have given up on the registering, because my A400 is behind a firewall that does not allow inbound access in, so I just used static routing from the A400 – to the other A200’s.

I was checking to see if anyone did this already, could lend some interesting advice.

kr

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Voice over IP’ is closed to new topics and replies.