Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

ADSL for QUINTUM A800

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    richard

Hello All,

I am setting up an A800 for t e r m i n a t i o n and will connect an adsl modem, the DLINK DSL 300G directly through the ethernet interface.

I would like to know how do I set up/configure the modem to work with the gateway.

Any assistance will be much appreciated.

Thanks

Richard

Hwyking

You have to open the ports on the Dlink towards the tenor, then set up a private IP on tenor, configure the external IP address provided to you by your ISP in tenor…
    Let me know if u have a question

Hwyking@comcast.net

Hello Hwyking

Thanks for your response. The DLink modem has been changed to a Binatone ADSL 2000 modem/router. The setup has been made already and I can even ping from the Tenor successfully. However, from outside someone can only hit the modem and not the Tenor. I have been told to do a PAT as you suggested and would like to know which ports should be open. This particular modem has rules to be added to enable PAT which goes as follows:

Add new rule:

ID (Which rule number?)

Public Port

Private Port

Port Type (TCP or UDP?)

Host IP Address

Could you assist me with it?

There are no rules added yet. By the way, what is the difference between PAT and NAT?

Thanking you and best regards,

Richard

Hwyking

Richard,

I do not know what kind of setup do u have running behind your Binatone router which I am not really familiar with it, I can only say here that you can do allow DMZ if you have that option on your router towards tenor, that way u do not have to play with the ports espeically if you running tftp server, telnet..etc.
    By enabling DMZ to the tenor you will allow 2way IP traffic and that should fix your problem.
    I am at Hwyking@comcast.net if you have a question.

Hi again

I have only the modem behind which there is the tenor. That’s all as the setup. There is no DMZ support on this particular modem.

What would you suggest?

Thanks
    Richard

Dan

Richard,

If you do not open your ports or create a DMZ with your router the product will not work .. it is the same with most VoIP products on the market.

Hi Dan

Thanks for the assistance.

The modem I am using has some limitations as to port forwarding because the rules are to forward port by port and not in ranges. DMZ is supported.

What will be the case if I use just a plain adsl modem with an ethernet interface, one such as the Alcatel Speedtouch Home?

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks
    Richard

Hi Dan

Sorry….DMZ is not supported

Richard

Hwyking

Why do not u get yourself a regular DSL modem, and A dlink 604 router or a linksys one…
    Hwyking@comcast.net

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Voice over IP’ is closed to new topics and replies.