Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

voip faxing, broadcast

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    powens

Anybody able to fax with voip technology? Any suggestions or ideas? Thanks.

www.blue-lava.co.uk

Fax over IP (FoIP) is finally being standardised now and most of the mainstream gateways (Quintum, Cisco etc.) can send and receive faxes.

There are several protocols for doing this, the most widely adopted is T.38, this handles most 9.6kbs and 14.4kbs fax machines, although there have been many documented issues with gateways working with fax/modem cards in PC’s.

Unfortunately it all comes down to inter-operability testing. I have set up many companies, including Fax broadcast agencies, using mostly Quintum’s successfully.

If there is something specific you are trying to acheive please feel free to contact me at: mhitchcock@blue-lava.co.uk

Hope this helps

Mat

Dan C

I have set customers using G711 as well on FXS gateways .. no issues though a little slower than T38.

powens

This is a small business, and has a voip cable modem connected to an AMD Athlon through RJ45. Can I connect the voip modem to a regular external 56Kbps analog modem then to the back of the AMD and fax using a regular fax software program? Can I force the hardware somehow to follow such stream?

Thanks. I appreciate your help.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Voice over IP’ is closed to new topics and replies.