Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Now that’s an issue

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Challenge

Set up is as follows:

1. Quintum A800
    2. ADSL 512/128kbps
    3. Router
    4. Service provider gives only 1 Fixed IP address which will “sit” on the router.

When making calls this should work out fine. But when receiving (offering t e r m i n a t i o n)..this will not work.

SOLVE THIS ISSUE!!!!!

Challenge

Noname

In theory , you should be able to do the following:

The fix I.P. from the provider goes to the router.

The A800 gets an internal I.P. address.

You forward all the ports used by the quintum to operate to the internal I.P. address of the quintum.

You should be able to to use the extra ports on the router for web browsing, etc.

In order to get all the ports used by the quintum, you may need help from Quintum ,unless have a goos copy of wich ports are used by the tenor and want to share .

Good luck!!! You will need it.

Dan C to Challenge

Challenge … Quintum is a good product but there are others on the market that will work better when you only have the one fixed IP.

Hi

Noname,

You mentioning some sort of NAT? If so, our carrier does not accept..they say that we require two fixed ip’s..one for router and one for gateway

Dan C to Hi

Hi … the requirement of 2 fixed IP’s is due to the equipment you are using. You should be able to use a number of devices on the on IP if you have a router with prot forwarding and it will work the same.

Hi Dan C

The solution is that we use just a plain adsl modem which has ethernet port and connect it to the ethernet interface of the A800. But then we will not be able to place anything else of a data network. This should work fine.

I would appreciate to have your thoughts.

Cha….

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Voice over IP’ is closed to new topics and replies.