Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

voip

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    vamil

Hi everyone

I am a totally new to this field.I want to start a business on the retail side in voip( prepaid and post paid calling cards).I want to know what king of equipment and software do i need, and approximately how much it will cost in us dollars for this.

I will appreciate for the guidance.

Thanks

Noname to vamil

Necesary to do VOIP prepaid cards:

Phone lines: As many as concurrent calls you will have.
    Analog, plain lines or T1 or E1 if you are lucky to be able to get it and afford it.

If you are on the US, go for fractional T1 . will save you many headaches.

A gateway. Device that will do all the conversion from PSTn phone lines (analog or digital T1 to VOIP)

A permanent conection to internet. Static I.P. address a must .Several I.P. addreeses a plus, but not absolutely necesary.

A billing system. A software running on a small server or beefed up P.C., used to control the gateway and be the cash register of the bussines.

A big bottle of aspirin or advil and a very understanding wife or husband (do not want any complaints from the ladies).This is a must!!!!!!

Some help from someone that already went trought the process.If you do not have a friend that did, get one. There in no money that could pay the advice.

Good luck!!!!!!!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Voice over IP’ is closed to new topics and replies.