Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

What hasn’t been done in VoIP.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    David O’Sullivan

I am a final year Computer Science student and I am interested in doing a final year project in the area of VoIP. I am looking for your opinion on what might be an orignal application.
    My initial broad overview of what I want to do is…”To Develop VoIP client software to run on a PDA (or mobile phone) over a wireless ethernet network.”

If you have any ideas or opinions on how this might be done or any opinions at all on a project like this I would be most gratefull. Please email david.osullivan@student.dit.ie

Many thanks,
    David.

Victor Zulu

David,

Fantastic idea! There are a companies who make VoIP softphones for PDA devices.
    SIP softphones work pretty well and kind of act like cell phones, i.e., after the PDA is registered, you dial the number and click “send.” Using MGCP is a little more elegant in by the fact that you can go off-hook and make a call. You could potentially carry your home-phone with you. If the right gateways are in place, imagine traveling anywhere there’s an Internet connection and getting your home-town dialtone!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Voice over IP’ is closed to new topics and replies.