Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Cisco ATA 186 in use on ADSL

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Mujahid

anyone out there who could help me configure a go2call calling account onto a cisco ata186 device with the use of an adsl connection.
    Thanx

Noname

Mujahid, I tried several providers and all of them did not provide much help at all.Seting up the ATA was trouble after trouble.
    Tom, with DUAL Talk was the execption to the rule. First class help!!!

Fred

I bought a new ATA 186 but It is not working. My configuration table (http://IP/dev) does not have
    Gatekepeer or Proxy field( is missing ).
    Another problem is that I cannot get a dial tone on both telephone ports.

How could I solve this problem ? Do I need a good firmware to solve the problem ? Please advise me where I can get the firmware or how I can solve this problem.

Tom

Try DUAL Talk. It’s a cheaper calling service.

Instructions for configuring an ATA 186 for DUAL Talk are shown at dualtalk.com/ata186config.htx.

fernando

any body can tell me how to configure my ata 186 to be used with a direcway satellite service, or whether this doesn’t work with satellite. I’ve been trying with the net2phone configuration and go2call also with no results.

thank you

Mujahid

Fernando,
    Check ur software version of the Cisco ATA 186 device. If it is less than 2.15 then u require an update before which u could use net2phone or go2call.

any problems just send me ur configuration page attached to my email.

Christopher

I have 2.16 firmware but I cannot setup it with ATA 186. I emailed two timew the go2call support, but I receiver no answer. Can you give me more detailed instructions.
    I follow the instructions posted here http://www.go2call.com/docs/ciscoATASampleConfig.pdf but it doesn’t work.

Jesse

Fred, you need to have two lines assigned to the same ata in order for both ports to be functioning or, you can enable it in the setup, it is not on by def.

Dharmesh Gohil

I am having ciscoATA 168 but problem is that i am connecting telephone in phone1 and when i am pressing the configuration button it ll not apper any voice configuration manu so how can i asign ip address to ATA and i also dont knows that wht was the previous IP address of ATA..

ramkumar

I am having ciscoATA 168 but problem is that i am connecting telephone in phone1 and when i am pressing the configuration button it wasn’t not apper any sound. then i connect phone 2 also.i face same problem.what will i do.please help me.

sanjay chhabria

I have purchased new cisco ata186. I have connected it peer to peer with my pc. The first thing i wanted to ping it from my pc but when i press 20# it speaks some alphabets again i press 0 to disable and set ip add manually it only speaks alphabets pl help me.

Sean

I am having trouble setting up the network connection configuration for Net2phone on a Direcway connection. Any suggestions please

Dime Miovski

I have VOIP device CISCO ATA 186 with firmware software version 2.16.1. I’m using accounts from NET2PHONE . I have technical problems with connection. I have deal tone and after I pickup the telephone number I have busy tone on my line so I cannot make a call at all.

voiphelp.net

Hello Sanjay,
    Your ata186 is password protected. If you have firmware 2.15 you can factory rest it by picking up the phone, pressing the button on the top and keying in “factreset#” with your key pad and * to save. If you have firmware version 2.16 I’ve not heard of a good way to remove the password yet.
    support@voiphelp.net

andreas

I am having trouble setting up the network connection configuration for deltathree on a Direcway connection. Any suggestions please

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • The forum ‘Voice over IP’ is closed to new topics and replies.