Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

VOIP or not???

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    John

I’m new to the idea of VOIP. I’ve got a single office building with 70 employees and I’m trying to figure out if I should go to VOIP or just upgrade our existing PBX. I need thoughts as to what the best route would be and any help would be appreciated. Thanks

noname

For a single location,on a single building, there is no much justification for going VOIP.
    If you had several locations, some of then overseas, with a data network already in place that you could use for “free” calls, that will be diferent.
    But with the low prices on new and used phone equipment, and a surplus of phone technicians, will be hard to beat the price of a PBX with a couple of PRI links to the outside world.
    Just my $0.02.

P.S. The use of a gateway, located on the front of the PBX to make long distance calls at a low price is something that you may want to look into.

Jason (a.k.a. VuRcOs)

Hello John,

NoName is correct if we are talking about inter-office calling is the consideration. To determine moving to VoIP vs. Upgrading existing Telephony equipment one must consider all avenues. Do you have a 800 line for calls routed to your office?
    (Cost Savings moving to VoIP here)
    What is the primary business your company does? What is the cost to upgrade vs. moving to VoIP?

I feel that making the choice when moving to VoIP could have various cost savings depending on who you chop it up.

Let me know if you would like to have a phone conversation regarding this matter.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Voice over IP’ is closed to new topics and replies.