Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Identifying Quintum (analog) PBX ports

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Teodor Georgiev

Hi,

I have to use Quintums A400/A800 in a calling shop, where there are cabins with phones inside, each phone connected to a PBX port of Quintum. Billing is postpaid with Radius and customers refuse to dial a PIN code before their number, they want to enter the dialed number straight.

It is OK to be configured like that, but when the accounting goes to Radius server and then the billing system, how it will be able to distinguish between the PBX ports. Namely – 6 customers are are calling, they finish their calls and go to pay. How the billing system will understand which calls belongs to which cabin?
    Is there a way to carry the PBX port number as a username via Radius, or to give phone number to every PBX port ?

Vassil

Use the CDR output to port 9002 or 9003. That’s the only way I know. You have Incoming Line and Incoming Channel. For PBX the Incoming Line is 1, and the Incoming Channel is the number of the PBX port (cabin). Just write a simple script that connects to that port on the Quintum and inserts all the data to a database in real time. The rest is easy – software that will take the info from the database, compare the dialed number with the rate table, and display the result. I think it’s a very simple solution, and you don’t need Radius server at all.
    You know how to contact me if you have any questions :).

VON

I do not use Radius,but I am reading my CDRs from ports 9002/3.
    In documentation for CDRs Quintum explain what you can get out from CDRs.

Incoming Line: If the call is incoming, this field identifies which line the call came in on. Valid entry: 1 = PBX, 2 = PSTN. This field will be empty if the call is an incoming VoIP call.

Incoming Channel: If the call is incoming, this field identifies which channel the call came in on. Valid entry: 1-31. This field will be empty if the call is an incoming VoIP call.

Outgoing Line: If the call is outgoing, this field identifies which line the call is going out on. Valid entry: 1 = PBX, 2 = PSTN. This field will be empty if the call is an outgoing VoIP call.

Outgoing Channel: If the call is outgoing, this field identifies which channel the call went out on. Valid entry: 1-31. This field will be empty if the call is an outgoing VoIP call.

So you can figur out wether call was from FXS/PBX or FXO/PSTN side.

How could you make SW to present it on real time in parallel to your Radius, I do not know.
    As Vassil said, find a new Billing which is related to CDRs.

Hwyking

U can not combine both radius and CDR switch logs at the same time, but…C there is always a but….I read about a software made for call shops, that have all the features you need in it…if you are interested I can start looking up my records, drop a line so I would know if u r interested…!!!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Voice over IP’ is closed to new topics and replies.