Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Destination Ring on Cisco ATA’

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    MMA

We have configured few ATA’s to work with our gatekeeper and that works fine. Except one thing that the caller (origination) dont hear any ringing tones from the destination. So they dont whether its ringing on the other side or not. This causes a lot of confusion. If anyone knows how to enable them, Please share your info with us. Regards

noname

What kind of gatekeeper are you using??? If you are using a Quintum I really need to talk with you.

Thanks!!!!!!

MMA

We are using Sysmaster’s Voicemaster gatekeeper. Please advice if u have some info on enabling the ringing on the destination side. Regards

noname

When you are working with Quintum only (both ends) and you have that trouble, the issue is the “fast start feature” The fast start aparently generates a fake ringing on the ORIGINATING gateway based on messages coming trough the call setup messages.
    Then, when the remote gateway switch the audio “on” , the fake ringing tone goes away and gets replaced by real audio from the remote end.
    It is noticible in Quintum when you do not program the ringing tones properly, because you get a diferent ringing tone on each step.

I will play with the fast start feature on both ends, the softswitch and if posible on the ATA too.

Good luck

noname again

Found out how to setup the ATA to send ringback tone back to the caller.

I understand that you trouble is the reverse way (the caller at the ATA not receiving ringback), but it could be interesting to try it anyway.

Here is the link to the Csico doc.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/gatecont/ps514/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a0080160f73.html#57207

gurdev

We are using a Quintum gateway and a sysmaster billing platform. Our callshops are using Visiontek equipment which require a C tone from the quintum i.e. to tell when to commence charging.

Call progression is :-
    call shop > pstn > quintum cms > tdm/voip > destination #

Do I have to check with the carrier about it i.e. if they can provide connect and disconnect tone when Tenor sends connect and disconnect indication signal to the carrier.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Voice over IP’ is closed to new topics and replies.