Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

VOIP Analog and digital telephone

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    AlAlawis

Hello All

what’s the deferent between Analog and digital telephone lines if I want to use them for VOIP and what about the gateways.

vurcos

wow….
    I’m shocked at this question, but here you go.

Digital=zeros and ones (data)
    Analogue= waves

Gateways are devices that handle the conversion. just like a cable box or modem.

AlAlawis

thank you vurcos
    I mean what the different in sound quality and … about the gateways what the different in price and features.

Vurcos

Sound quality depends on the Network and the algirythum used for the compression. If good compression and no network issues you cannot tell the difference. I will use a company I know VERY well as an example for price and features.

http://www.vegastream.com

8 port FXS(Analogue) Gateway:
    Retail: $2,400

2 port ISDN (Digital) Gateway: PRI/E1/T1/QSIG/CAS
    Retail: $9,400
    Up to 48/60 channels depends on ISDN type used.

Features:
    this depends on the Signalling protocol used H.323/SIP/MGCP and others. Please look at your business model and what is a requirement for you features and then pick a signaling protocol.

hope this helps.

Vurcos

Khoa

Hello all,
    I’m working for a telco, who are preparing to deploy VoIP system. Does anyone know how to design a VoIP system? And does anyone know how to design a room for placing VoIP devices?
    Regards
    Khoa

Whataquestion

And you work for a Telco?????

Could I sugest telephony 101????

Vurcos

I have 3+ years deploying VoIP from start to finish for many companies and people. From mom’s and pops to Vonage, American Airlines and many others.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Voice over IP’ is closed to new topics and replies.