Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Help on Used quintums

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Donnie

I need some information in buying used quintums. as in what i should look for and the stuff i should avoid as in bad hardware revisions and so fourth. any help will be greatly appreciated

thanking you in advance

Donnie

Noname

As basic as it may sound, do not pay more for a used unit of what it cost brand new with guaranty.
    I saw someone on ebay pay $2550.00 dollars for a Quintum tenor ,old, no guaranty.
    The same exact Tenor, from the factory,support and I year guaranty is being sold for $2900.00.
    Not worth the savings.

On my personal opinion, if the price is not 40 to 50% off the price of a new one, it is not worth the risk.

Some people think diferent, of course.

All tenors are software upgradable, but that you will need to buy a service contract on your own with Quintum. It is not unreasonable expensive.Call Quintum directly. Still small enough that you could call without paying .

Unless you find a basement sale (hard to find, since there are not to many abandoned units anywhere), you will do best going for a new unit.
    My humble opinion.

Stefan

I agree with you “noname”. There is no real advantage using seconhand Tenor if the price is not half of original price.
    In my opinion, if you are “newstarter” and this is your first Tenor unit, it is recommended to buy directly with Quintum and also pay for one year support.
    They have very good and promp Tech support, with very resonable price. From Tech. support, you will get all info which you will required to start your unit and earn some money. In addition, all troubleshoooting could be done from QTAC. This is very important when you have running services/traffic. In most of the cases, you will get from QTAC all informations and you do no need to spend time in this forum, waiting for hints and replays, while you do not having any traffic.
    For biginner is very risky to start without support, same as trying to do soem proffesional works/services, without any training.

If you have experience and already have one or two Tenors, with paid tech support, that is guarantee that you could look for some second hand units, where you could save some initial investments.

Good lack

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Voice over IP’ is closed to new topics and replies.