Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Quintum Password Reset

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Paul V

We let go of a shady IT tech and now I cannot get into my Quintum.

I know that if I hard reset the unit, I will lose all programming. I accept that, but cannot see a way to factory reset the unit. Can anyone help?

Thanks

Beg

In my knowledge there is no other alternative way.

Dave

The Quintums can be hard factory reset using the RS232 cable.. Pressing enter while the boot loader is running and press M to modify your boot setup. Go thru the setup again. At the last part you can factory reset the unit. You will lose all changed settings including the password.

deva

dave, you can continue at the last part and don’t do the factory default and you will be in, no password is needed if directly connected via console cable. once you are in, use “config login password xxxxxxx” to change the password and do a “config sub” and you are done. xxxxxxx is the password you want to use.

Dave

If the password is set you cannot enter into the CLI via RS232 cable if the password is unknown. The unit must be factory reset via RS232.

villefranche

Hello

I have a quintum brought in the states and it was brought by dimitry jean baptiste but this guy was died and now

i want to get in the equipement and i can’t get because he put a password on it

thanks in advance

Ronald

I press enter while booting but nothing happens.

Ronald

MikeM

Ronald,

You need to hit enter when you see the display say “Hit Enter within 3 seconds to change”

Mike

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Voice over IP’ is closed to new topics and replies.