Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Quintum to Cisco

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Hamy

Could anyone guide me with a “step by step” how to configure Quintum a800 to send calls to a none quintum h323 gateway?
    I want to send calls from PBX over IP to Cisco.

hwyking

send me an email with the information hwyking@comcast.net

Hamy

Here comes the progress:
    1- A normal telephone handset is connected to Tenor PBX port. No PSTN line is attached to the device.
    2- We want to send this call to an existing soft switch.
    3- I have loaded the tenor with factory defaults.
    4- I set the country to UK and all the other fields are empty (long distance prefix, country code, area code, etc).
    5- Using BE and SR 1 , I entered the soft switch IP.
    6- Using PBX 1 , I set the multipath 0 , enablechan 1 a.

If I use “GK ROUTE 0” , it shows the IP of the softswitch. I set the correct codec using DSP and the calls are being sent to the soft switch but the problem is the destination NO is being sent as 0 ! The soft switch rejects the call because of it.
    How may I make sure that the No which is entered by user on the PBX side is being sent to our soft switch? Why Tenor sends 0 and destination No while I have dialed a full International NO?
    Could you please guide me with a note or work sheet or correct configuration to recive the call on PBX and send it out over IP or tell me what to do to solve the problem?
    Best regards

noname

I am confused now. Well, that is the normal state.
    Anyway, if I am wrong, someone please correct me.
    I thought that the way that it works is like this:
    Gateway register with the gatekeeper.Static route is stablished on the Border element.
    Gateway will go go to static route via gatekeeper.
    Again I could be completely of target. If that is the case, someone please give a big pull, that way I get my head out of
    my …..
    Should be easy to try it out!!!

hwyking

OK this is what you need to do:-
    First BE should be the same as tenor IP, then under SR 1 u enter ip of softswitch, set the DN as * pulic and LDN, and under H323 keep all default(0.0.0.0), amd have a nice call 🙂
    Hwyking@comcast.net

Hamy

Hwyking thank you. came to the same solution but there is a little point enabling pbx to use “be” dn that we configure. Calls are passing well and what a nice device quintum is 🙂 .
    Regards

Beg

I have 3 A800 and each has static IP. I want to recieve calls to one box for all 3 box and pass to PSTN. 24 phone lines are connectd to 3 box. Plz help me

Hwyking

Hamy,
    What do u have, let me know, I can do something w/u

Tim

To Beg
    You need to use Gatekeeper to do so.
    Where are you stated
    regards
    Tim

Beg To Tim

Thanks Tim for reply. Can u plz send me details steping how can i do this. Regards. msibeg@hotmail.com

Tim

Please go on Quintum web and find how they handling 3+ GWs using GK.
    However, GK will present himself to peering partner(s), so you will offer only one IP address to outside world. GK will handle traffic, protocols, codecs and send traffic to other GWs. Depending on GK and his features (this is also related to price), you will have more or less function and user frendly interface.
    Try to go on openh323.org and find free GK.

Noname to Beg and Tim

The Tenor have built in gatekeeper.
    The gatekeeper is limited in the ammount of gateways that could login at the same time (maximun of four as default), but it should be able to handle all the calls.

You should try to make one of the Tenor the gatekeeper. The three gateways will register to the gatekeeper. You give your partners the I.P. address of the Tenor acting as gatekeeper.
    You need to point the gateways, incluiding the one on the same chassis than the gatekeeper to that I.P. address.
    I have that configuration working with a A400 and some A200 as well.

Good luck!!!!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The forum ‘Voice over IP’ is closed to new topics and replies.