Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

VoIP no ring back problem

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Bataa

When i call, i cannot hear ringback aftewards it takes so longtime. after that, it id disconnected.
    It is cisco 5300.
    Please suggest me.

Vurcos

This is a fundamental problem with Audio Connection times. Is this H.323 or SIP?

The best way to approach this is to do the following:

Download a packet Sniffer:
    Agilent:
    http://xpi.comms.agilent.com/SignalingAdvisor/SA_download.asp

-Install this and do not enable any filtering.
    This should be installed on a PC connected to the same HUB as either the Cisco or other VoIP end-point.
    -Start Agilent by hitting the upper Green StopLight
    -Place the call again while capturing the packets. Once the call is complete stop Agilent.

You really need to know what you’re looking for here, so if you don’t have a clue of what i’m getting at here let me know.

Issue:
    Audio Connection times. It appears that one of the devices isn’t allowing audio from the far end to connect to allow RBT(Ring Back Tone).

Please answer questions for fixing this issue.

thx,

Vurcos

VoipKiller (Bigal)

Bataa do you have you progress indicators setup in your Cisco box ?.

Vurcos – 12 Aug 2003-ANAND

we are facing same RBT problem with our gate way…of non-cisco…pls suggest us whether we opt same solution as said above

cr4zy_j3p

try disabling inband tone from the non-cisco gateway. That might solve the problem – at least you will not be needing to activate Progress indicator in cisco…

Teodor Georgiev

run a debug on the Cisco gateway (debug cch323 h225), and see what kind of Progress Indicator messages come.

Btw, your description of the problem is a “crap” (sorry to say that, but it is a pure fact).

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Voice over IP’ is closed to new topics and replies.