Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Setting up VoIP system at home

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Kevin

Hello,

I would like to do a small project whereby I set up a end-to-end VoIP softphone system at home (probably between two PCs, or a PC and laptop). My idea is to tinker around with packets and try to implement some algorithms at a packet level (VAD/SS, RTP header compression). I’ve got little clue what I’ll need to enable this (from hardware or software point of views) — I’m starting from scratch.

Hardware: home network, microphone, speakers
    Software: SIP agent (WinSIP), …?

My hope is that I am able to find some open-sourced material for a Windows environment. I know that vovida.org has everything I need (although, I’m not sure what I need) for Linux.

Can anyone provide some direction or suggestions? Any ideas on where I can find algorithm resources on VAD/SS and RTP header compression or if there are packages out there that do this?

Greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
    Kevin

Kevin

There’s a chance I may try to do an 802.11 network as well. Not sure what else I would need to do this successfully.

Cheers.

vurcos to Kevin

Kevin,

Check out OpenPhone (http://www.openh323.org)
    you can download the source code and apps there. This is completely compatable with Windows OS and TAPI.

Please let me know if you need anything else.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Voice over IP’ is closed to new topics and replies.