Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Land Line to VOIP

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Robert Raley

I have a toll free telephone number in the US. I travel alot in South America. I would like to have a sytem wheren when my toll free number rings it is automatically transferred over to a VOIP system that will call my phone where ever I am at the time.

How can I do this?

Many thanks.

Bob Raley

Vurcos to Robert

The best thing to do is buy a low end VoIP gateway with an FXO port on it. Check out http://www.miptel.com and look at the Combox I personally use this hardware. Comes with 1 FXS port and 1 FXO port, but only enough resources to run 1 at any given time. The call would come in on the FXO port from the phone company and then you will setup the routing to hit you on the assigned IP phone while traveling.

Please let me know if I can assist you any further

Robert Raley

Thank you for the reply. I would greatly appreciate your help and advice as I have no idea what I am doing in the area.

What I understand is this. I connect the incoming 800 phone line to the Combox. The Combox to the internet VIA, router, computer or how? When a incoming call is detected the compox will route the incoming call to my computer via internet where ever I am. Will this also work to transfer the call to my cel phone Via internet and a VOIP provider of my choice.

How much does the Combos cost and can the average tech guy set this up?

Where can I get the Combox. I looked at he site and found that the links to purhase and contact to not work.

Many thanks

Bob Raley

Vurcos

Bob,

The Combox isn’t the only thing you’ll need. It depends on how you want it to work. You want to forward calls from you 800 line (PSTN) to a location somewhere to your cell phone (PSTN). If you are looking at VoIP to do this there are a couple things:

– the call will come in on a “Landline” to the FXO port of Combox
    – Combox will have a predetermined forwarded number (your cell) configured to forward the call to via IP
    – The IP destination that Combox forwards too will have to be a Gateway (either Service like Vonage or others) with PSTN connectivity to call your cell.

How much does the Comboxs cost and can the average tech guy set this up?
    yes a tech savey person could set this up easily.

Where can I get the Combox. I looked at he site and found that the links to purhase and contact to not work.
    Contact Dave with Planet Telecom. go to http://www.planettelecom.com and get the phone number. a Live person is always available.

Thinking about this further Planet Telecom has a service where you could just purchase a combox (roughtly 300+ US dollars) and use there network to forward your calls. talk to dave and see what he has to offer. I hope this helps, so if you find this not what you invisioned please let me know and we’ll take another stab at it.

cheers,

Vurcos (a.k.a. Jason)
    tell dave I sent you. He’s a buddy of mine.
    Many thanks

Bob Raley

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Voice over IP’ is closed to new topics and replies.