Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Telco Bill Analyzer

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Kim C. Callis

When one starts talking about implementing a VOIP solution, they usually want to know how much they are going to save. I was wondering if anyone knows of a good analysis package to determine LD usage, rates that are charged at a given time, and a what-if scenario where I can put in the value of the call via VOIP vs the cost of conventional PTSN.

I am hoping for something open source or excel, but I am open to commercial packages as well.

Thanks

Kim Callis

Kim C. Callis

Just as a follow-up, I am looking for a package that works in the United States.

K.

Vurcos to Kim

You are asking people to share there hard work for free. The analysis can only come from an expert. No program has been created because no 2 sites are the same when analyzed.

cheers,

Vurcos

Kim C. Callis

Originally, I asked for information about either Open Source or Commercial leads. In Vurcos’ response, there was no lead to other packages.

First off, I am not sure where you came up with the idea that such a program has never been created, considering that I am looking at a demo of said program.

Furthermore, it is an understood fact that each market has multiple tarriffs in a particular market. That is not a real issue to that part.

The real problem is a price tag of $2k – $6K(US) that makes it very difficult for a small VOIP interconnect to purchase said software.

So to answer your question, should we want to make use of those hard works for free… Maybe yoiu should re-familiarize with the Open Source movement, and some of the goals of it’s products.

Then take a good look at some packages like Asterisk, VOCAL, Bayonne, and others.

And after all of that, I still don’t know if you have suce a product!

Tom H

…and look at some of the rubbish that has come out of the OpenSource world – like OpenH323.

You get what you pay for.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Voice over IP’ is closed to new topics and replies.