Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

toll free 800 number

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Mike

I’m trying to setup a prepaid calling card service, I have a question on how can I get an 800 number for my customers to call to my gateway, it just dont make sence that I get charged 4 cent/min every time a customer calls in to get connected. I’m sure providers of prepaid calling cards are not paying that rate and yet offering calls for 0.01 cent /min. can any one help me with this

thanks

Noname

Well, in reality no one sells long distance for 1 cent a minute. It just looks like it.
    look at the card and you will see a 60 to 90 cents conection fee. After that ,if you keep track of the minutes that you used, you end up with a fraction of the 10 million minutes that they claimed.

About 1800: Some of the companies that sell long distance that way are carriers. They own the pipes and switches.

The best rate that I saw is around 2 cents if you bring a zillion minutes and colocate with the carrier.

The other way around is some companies with local access, that will send the calls via I.P. to your gateway.
    I saw a offer recently, with local access to all the major metro areas, for around 0.0085 a minute.

Did not asked for details. It may be a trick to atract customers.

Local Access City List

Price: $0.0085

Atlanta Metro, GA
    Baltimore, MD
    Boston, MA
    Chicago, IL
    Cleveland, OH
    Columbus, GA
    Delaware
    Dallas, TX
    Detroit, MI
    Ft. Worth, TX
    Houston, TX
    Illinois
    Los Angeles Metro, CA
    Massachusetts
    Miami Metro, FL
    Minnesota
    New York Metro, NY
    Northern California
    Northern New Jersey
    Oakland, CA
    Pennsylvania
    San Francisco, CA
    San Jose, CA
    Seattle, WA
    Southeast Florida

NPA/NXX files are available upon request

Gyro Communications, Inc.
    (561) 659-2085 Gyro@Earthlink.net

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Voice over IP’ is closed to new topics and replies.