Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Web to phone calling quality

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Gabs

I have an ata186 connected through IconnectHere (Deltathree) to make low cost calls to friends overseas. I am based in Portugal.

I was wondering if there are any better providers (call quality wise) as I tend to get choppy calls using IconnectHere in the afternoons when the US come online.

Also, I tend to hear the other party better than they hear me (they say my voice chops off slightly and breaks up now and again). My connection is ADSL 512 down / 128 up. If I increse the upstream bandwidth will it improve things.

DUAL Talk

Try our calling service; DUAL Talk. There is information on setting up a Cisco ATA 186 for DUAL Talk at dualtalk.com/ata186.htx.

In summary, make the following settings:

UID0 = [anything, but not 0]
    UID1 = [anything, but not 0]
    Gateway = 217.155.148.229
    UseSIP = 0
    AudioMode = 0x00140014
    ConnectMode = 0x00060003
    LBRCodec = 0
    RxCodec = 0
    TxCodec = 0
    NumTxFrames = 1

Then, place a call to 123 to reach a recorded announcement. If you hear it, then you are setup correctly.

You then need to open a DUAL Talk Account to make real calls. We have many satisified customer using the service.

Please let us know if you need any help.

Kind regards,
    DUAL Talk.

Gabs

Thanks. Since I am in Portugal and most my calls are to other European destinations would I be better off using a provider from Europe rather than the US so my call doesn’t have to be routed via the US? Or doesn’t it work like that?

DUAL Talk

You will find the best results using a provider that is nearer to you, although voice quality across the Atlantic can be quite good.

Our gateway is in London, so I’m sure it will work well for you.

Herman

Gabs,

I’m from Belgium and i also make a lot of international calls. At first I used the services of net2phone, but the quality was not good. After that I used iConnectHere and I have no problems with the quality. The only problem i have is the fact that it’s not possible (well, as far as i know) to get a phone number , so they can call me. Now it’s only me that can call …i cannot be called.

Marcos

Gabs, and Herman,

I dont know what device or software Gabs is using, however I think that if you contat me I may be able to get you your number you seek from just about any city in the USA you want with a European Server! Furthermore, depending on what device or software you use, we can probablt tweak it as well to use less bandwith an still provide “toll quality” calls.

and gabs, you may not need to change too much more than you have righ now. Are you buying directly from Iconnecthere, or a reseller?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Voice over IP’ is closed to new topics and replies.