Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Quintum A800 – included gatekeeper

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Dario

I got 2 different responses from Quintum reps.

I have 2 Quintum A800 and I want to make one of them the single point of contact for muy buyers

I want this to be the primary border element.

Question: Can the gatekeeprr function of the frst tener handl all calls for itself and also for gateway number 2?

Will it forward calls to the other tenor?

Quintum says it WILL NOT forward IP calls, only Call Relay does that.

But then whats the purpose of an A800 to handle up to 3 other gateways.?

Ljubo

If you have access to Quintum dociments, please take a look in
    “Quintum_GAtekeeper_Architecture.pdf”. Ther is some contradictory explanation.
    I am not sure that I understand it:
    SO you can use A400 as MASTER, but only 4 IP call can be done concurrent.!!!!
    ====
    Structuring Very Small Networks (Maximum of 4 Tenors)
    ====
    Very small networks consisting of no more than four Tenor gateways can be designed using one of the
    Tenors as the network manager without the need for an integrated or standalone gatekeeper. Every
    Tenor gateway has the ability to manage such a network. When designing such a network it is only
    necessary set the Border Element IP address in each “slave” Tenor to the IP address of the “master”
    Tenor. In this way the master Tenor will act as the Border Element for the small network. The Border
    Element will build a table of all the DN’s and IP addresses for each of the Tenors in the network and will
    replicate this information out to each Tenor.
    The call capacity of the master Tenor should have enough ports to support the desired number of calls in
    the network. For non-blocking configurations the number of ports should be equal to the number of
    phones in the network. The number of ports that can be supported by a Tenor is equal to the number of
    VoIP channels. This means that a Tenor A400 can support up to 4 VoIP calls and thus has 4 ports
    available. A Tenor D1600 can support up to 16 VoIP calls and thus has 16 ports available. A Tenor
    D3000 can support 30 VoIP calls and has 30 ports available.
    In general the Tenor with the smallest call capacity should be used to manage the network. This Tenor
    will generally be the lightest loaded and will have the most spare memory available for storing the
    complete network database. In the example below the Tenor A400 would be used.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Voice over IP’ is closed to new topics and replies.