Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Long Distance VoIP service ?’s

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Victor Zulu

Hi! I work for a CLEC and ISP and am interested in getting my arms around the Long Distance application of VoIP. I’m interested in giving customers an alternative to traditional TDM long distance for less expensive calls.

Is there anyone reading this forum who has done the same thing? If so, have you used dedicated pipes between gateways or has the Internet been acceptable?

Are VoIP clearinghouses still players in this market?

I’ve read about Net2Phone and DeltaThree and others but either not getting any feedback or it doesn’t fit the application quite right.

Thanks in advance and I’m sorry about the barrage of questions!

clive18

howzit

what equipment does your ISP use?

hambegashle

regards
    Clive

Victor Zulu

Clive, We use mostly Cisco Systems. I’ve played with a Cisco AS5300 PRI/VoIP gateway, but it was only to provide VoIP over the “local loop” to cable modems. I didn’t have to use a gatekeeper in that scenario.
    vz

clive18

Victor, hi

We are trying to put together a similar system using Cisco.
    If you would like to contact me, my email is clive18@webmail.co.za

It will be nice to compare notes, as we both face similar “african” challenges.

regards
    Clive

lisa

I would like to help you. Could you explain what is your real need?

Victor Zulu

Lisa,

I need to offer my customers an alternative to TDM long distance without saying, “I recommend you buy Net2Phone equipment and accounts.”

I imagine a voice gateway tied off my Class 5 PSTN switch with Primary Rate ISDN or DS-1 trunks on one side and a large data pipe on the other. That data pipe can either be dedicated “trunking” to another voice gateway or connecting to the public Internet and a clearinghouse of some sort.

Do you know of any Internet Telephony Service Providers who are looking for voice gateways to be part of their network?

Thanks!

VZ

tasnim lukmanji

we could assist you. we use cisco 5400. looking forward to your response for further communication.

lisa

If you want to offer your customers VoIP service, your ISP should be connect with carrier. Then next step your customer will using this service. Your need gateway and billing system. The solution could be found in many company website.

clive18

Victor, hi

Are you looking to be a reseller of VoIP services from an ITSP, or are you looking to set up your own infrustructure?

I have found that there are much better ISTP’s than Net2phone or Iconnect. Espcially if you want customer service!

Regards
    Clive

JL

I am executing the same project, can anyone recommend a good hosted billing service to me.

Victor you can post your address and we can share ideas. Are you in Africa, what part are you.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘Voice over IP’ is closed to new topics and replies.