Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

VO_IP

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Mark@F&F

Help,

I work for a small firm that has 3 offices, all in the Los Angeles area… we looked into getting a Voice over totally configured through SBC and they wanted over $200K for three offices with around 40 phones in each. At this point we are thinking about two T1 lines for our networks and just purchase phones and PBXs that can later be set up with VO rounters in a year or so… does anyone know how to go about getting 40 or so phones with a PBX that can run on traditional circuit service that can later be converted to VO when we can afford to for around $25K per office for phones and PBX? Thank you for any feedback you can offer.

Mark

wilson boyrie

You are using the term PBX, but at the same time said that you want only about 40 phones per location.
    A PBX is normally larger that 40 phones, more expensive and with a lot of features that make maintenance hard and expensive.
    On the other hand, the key systems evolved where they now have most of the features of the big PBX at a fraction of the cost.
    A key system could have up to several hundred phone, voice mail, and interface with T1 trunks or a posible VOIP solution.
    If you will like to have more details,contact me at wboyrie@yahoo.com

Good luck!!!!!

Jason to Mark

There is a far cheaper solution. You could purchase 1 PRI Gateway for each office which would interface with the PSTN and the PBX. Then you would install IP phones through out the offices. Each IP phone could access the features and functionality of the PBX and dial out through the PSTN. Call Routing Management is key here.

Please let me know if I can assist you any further.

thx,

Jason

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Voice over IP’ is closed to new topics and replies.