Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

CONNECT AN ATA 186 TO PREPAID CARD

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    CHARLES

I WANT TO CONECT AN ATA 186 (SINGLE LINE ) TO A SIMPLE BILLING SYSTEM CONECTED TO A INCOMING LAND LINE. ANY SUGGESTIONS

clive18

Charles, I think you would need to interface it to a gateway/gatekeeper like a as5300.

regards
    Clive

Rinaldo

I want to configure a cisco ata 186 to work with net2phone pins
    Can someone help me to configure the cisco ata 186

Rinaldo

noname

Charles,the ATA is a device that could be connected only to a phone or phone type of device( it supplies voltage to a remote device,like a single line phone)
    if you wan to connect a normal phone line, from your friendly/unfriendly phone company to the internet, you need a FXO type of box. That will be a gateway with a FXO interface.
    That will allow you to make calls from any phone to the gateway and go via internet to the other location (remote end)
    Also will allow someone with a ATA 186 on a remote location to use that phone line attached to the gateway. Sort of a VERY LONG extension cord across the internet.
    FXO devices are more expensive than the normal FXS. Also not too easy to find.
    One example of such device will be the Quintum A200 (not recomended)
    Another will be Welltech FXO gateway (not know much about it).

Good luck!!!!!!

MR SPEED

COULD ANY ONE BE OF HELP TO ME FOR WHAT FOLLOWS:
    I AM IN THE PROCESS TO START A BUSINESS IN AFRICA , AND I AM LOOKING TO KNOW OF ANY COMPANY WITH ANY SINGLE LINE GATEWAY ALLOWING PEOPLE TO JUST PLUGING THEIR TELEPHONE SOCKET TO THE ABOVE SAID GATEWAY, AND THEN THEY WILL BE DIRECTED TO MY IP, FOR MAKING INTERNATIONAL TELEPHONE CALLS.WITH NO NEED OF A NETWORK. I SAW SOME OF THE BOXWS, AND I REMEMBER A NOTATION OF IPE STAR …… COULD ANYONE BE OF HELP TO FIND ANY COMPANY DEALING WITH THIS KING OF TECHNOLOGIE.
    MANY THANKS

clive18

Mr speed, which country are you in?

PH – Brazil

MR. Speed

If you still want to know anything more about IPE STAR please contact me by e-mail mansurphelipe@hotmail.com

thank’s

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Voice over IP’ is closed to new topics and replies.