Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Looking for H323 Gatekeeper software

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Sajjad

Can you please let me know how do I get free h323 gatekeeper software. I have been to http://www.gnugk.org but i do not and will never understand I am just looking for easy software which will install on my computer.
    My computer is conected to a fixed IP address and but my gateways are conenected to the internet with dynamic IP address. I would like my gatekeeper to keep a record of my gateways.

So all the gateway can make calls to pstn through these gateways.

Thanks

Sajjad

Umar

Sajjad your Computer is Connected to internet and your Gateways are connected to your Computer VIA LAN ? or Gateways are Directly connected to the Internet ?

Sajjad

Hi Umer

My gateway is conenected to the internet directly. But I have many other gateways in diffrent locations so I am looking for a gatekeeper software which can keep the details of all the gateways. Non of the gateway have fixed IP address it keeps changing.
    But I have fixed IP address for my computer.

I hope you will lead me into the right direction

Thanks

Gatekeeper

STOP!!!! Do not run away from gnugk yet.
    Seriously, the site is a mess!!! Great for the person that likes to mess around with programing, but not for the normal VOIP tinkering guy like most of us.
    All what you need to make a great gatekeeper with the software is the windows file. Believe me, if I did ,anyone could do it. You do not need to learn all the info in the place. The file needed is self installing and stay on the background untill you click on the icon. At that point your P.C. became a gatekeeper.
    What made a believer is that I own a comercial gatekeeper, but it does not work with some cheap phones that I found. GNUGK works loke a champ, and it is free!!!!

The file needed to install on any windows aplication is buried on one of the links. They have a special name for it on the site, but nothing that you will recognize on the first try.
    If anyone needs the file i could try to find it into my hard drive and send it.
    It is small enough that you could get it as a atachement even on the free e-mails like yahoo.
    And whatever you do, do not exp4nd money buying a “comercial” gatekeeper that only allows four gateway registrations to it.
    Did anyone said QUINTUM???????

Gatekeeper

Man if you can help please just me the software so i can have a gatekeeper runing on my pc. I tried for months on gnugk but I can not get it to work.
    So please help.

Thanks

sajjad

To Sajjad about gatekeeper

I wentto gnugk site and found the file.

Go to downloads and get “windows executable” it eill give you a list of sites.
    Download the file. It is about three MB.

Unzip the file. Install it on the computer that have the public I.P. addrees, the one conected to the internet with a fix I.P.

Once it is installed, you will have two icons on the desktop. One will let you start/stop the aplication.

The other (monnitor )will let you monitor who is registering or unregistering on your gatekeeper.

Point your gateways to the I.P. address of that P.C.

Try to make calls betwen gateways.

Good luck!!!!!!!

Sajjad

Ok I went to that site I first downlaoded gk-2.0.3 for windows. In this downlaod there is not executable file so this can not be installed. I also downlaoded gk-2.0.3-windows and went to to directory and then clicked on gnugk and did a unzip. I then went into the new folder which is the result of the unziping of gnugk. This time I clicked on this new execuable gnugk and it give me a message “No config file found”.

I would wonder if you can sugest some thing else now

Thanks

Sajjad

Ljubo

You must run this exe file in DOS mode and do something like this
    GNUGK -DB or GNUGK DB
    FOR DEBUGGING
    and after that go in win/option and RUN this as server or as client

Tell me if this is working
    Ljubo

der

Hi,
    I also have the same problem as sajjad

SAT@home

Mda…
    You are going to setup serious programs at your home computers to run applications like GK. I think, that isn’t correct way to success. Setuping _freeware_ GK and his support is not simple task, as for me. You can find up many bugs and have “nice” time with this without any comfortable support from developers.
    I think, that commercial products more comfortable. F.E. soft switch without full media proxy — looks like GK but works morte stable(of cource, if you chosen best developer).

sajjad

Hey Guys I am just looking for software which is easy to install i do not mind to pay my two days wages to some one who can just simply send me the software which works and will save me time.

Thanks

sajjad

nectis

Hi guys, It’s really nice! But how you will work with GK without any config works? Wish not spend lot of time – buy soft, support, and fuck them. 🙂
    Sorry, it’s hard…

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The forum ‘Voice over IP’ is closed to new topics and replies.