Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

PPPoA? router wont bridge to A800, help!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Chris

My ISP uses PPPoA im in Asia, does anyone know of a way to get my PUBLIC IP address bridge from my router to my quintum gateway, right now i cant get past the router. I called the mfg. they said it cant be done with PPPoA, so how the heck can I get a public IP address on my quintum to be public?

lucke@sky

only connecting directly your quintum GW to the PPPoA modem.
    there isn’t another way.
    that’s why the Customer Premise Equipment (PPPoA modem) use the ISP public IP to register himself tooking your Remote Access Server on your PC to establish and share the with them.
    let me know if you need help on create this kind of connection on your tenor unit.
    ciao.

Marv

lucke@sky,

My ISP here uses PPPoA but my quintum asks for PPPoE username and password. Will it work?

Hamy

Chris,
    I think if you get a Cisco SOHO 97 and set the internal ip address of your tenor as a visible server it will do the job. CISCO SOHO series are cheap and work well. You can configure the router very easy using the web interface. Do not forget to set the “External IP Address” for your tenor. Just type “unit 1” Press enter and then type “extip YOR_EXT_IP_HERE” and hit enter.
    Hope this helps.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Voice over IP’ is closed to new topics and replies.